PDA

View Full Version : POTJ at last!

Jedieb
Aug 25th, 2000, 10:48:16 PM
Well I finally found my first POTJ figures! I snagged the 3 Collection 1 figures at Target this afternoon.
Anakin Mechanic
Darth Maul (Break Apart)
R2 (Battle Damage)

I have to say that I think the new card back is an improvement over the old green POTF2 and red EP1 cards. I'd still rather see something closer to the vintage cards, but this is okay until EP2. Now for the figures themselves:

R2
I thought I was going to hate this figure. Another R2?! His middle leg doesn't even retract and his feet aren't articulated, blah! But after I removed him from the packaging I was pleasantly surprised. The wheels are a nice touch and something we haven't seen before on R2s of this scale (at least I don't remember any.) And he still makes that neat clicking sound when you turn his dome. And I'm glad they got rid of the "eye light" feature. I was never too crazy about that.

Anakin
What's the best part of this figure? The pit droid. Sorry, but despite the nice paint job, this figure doesn't do much for me. I thought the best Anakin was the @#%$pit Anakin. The @#%$pit accesory was a great idea and the kid looks great in his Naboo fighter now. This new Anakin does have articulated knees and a great paint job but that's about it. And I can't put the pit droid's leg back on. I may have to dip the parts in hot water but I'd really like to see the pit droid back together again.

Break Apart Maul
This is the best of the 3. The magnet works really well (you can hold the figure upside down and it won't come apart). They did a great job on the face. He's got the same expression you saw in the movie after Obi-Wan sliced him in two. And they even did a nice job on his hands. This in definetly one of the better Mauls and a must buy for Maul fans.

So what's left to buy? There are currently 8 figures on the market and here are the 5 I'm still looking for:
Coruscant Guard
Tusken Raider
Mas Amedda
Security Battle Droid
Chewbacca

Hopefully I'll grab these in the next couple of weeks. Good luck everybody! MTFBWY.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 26th, 2000, 01:29:50 AM
Lucky b*stard!

predhunter
Aug 26th, 2000, 06:41:46 AM
Any pics??!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!??!?

Jedieb
Aug 26th, 2000, 10:40:41 AM
I might be able to put some pics up next weekend. Right now I'm busy finishing up the September issue of my web page. Sorry. :(

predhunter
Aug 26th, 2000, 04:47:13 PM
Next weekend! oh okay I can wait ;)

Albi Wan Yankovi
Aug 27th, 2000, 12:33:37 AM
I still think you're an ass monkey for having these ;)

Albi Wan Yankovi
Aug 29th, 2000, 10:47:58 PM
You are no longer an ASS MONKEY! I found the Collection 2 today at Wally World! GOD BLESS WAL MART! They're sitting safely in Lay Away. Only $28 to go!

Jedieb
Aug 30th, 2000, 10:25:42 PM
As luck and coincidence would have it Albi, I also scored big at WalMart this morning. Collection 2 is now in my possesion!! And while I was heading off to work with Chewie and the gang inspiration struck. I'm going to feature this whole first wave of figs in their own strip next month. It may not be the best one I've ever done, but it will be a chance to get a good look at these new figures in action. I'll be busy cranking out the script this next week so the pics will have to wait until October's web page. Sorry to dissapoint, but I'm sure these figs will be sitting on the pegs for everyone by then. Good luck guys.
MTFBWY