PDA

View Full Version : Displays from TRU!

Bromine
Sep 5th, 2000, 08:22:06 PM
A while back I posted about a local TRU auctioning off all their SW displays. Well, they FINALLY ended the auction! When they called me up they said I'd won two of the big cardboard cut-outs, but they didn't know offhand which ones. Since I only bid $6 (min. bid was $5), I figured I'd get something unpopular like Jar-Jar. Turns out I got Watto and Boss Nass!:) These things are about 3' x 2', head and shoulders. They're over 1/4" thick! I might get some more, if they can't contact the other bidders. Very cool.:) I'll post pics soon.

Jedieb
Sep 5th, 2000, 08:25:10 PM
How do you plan on displaying them?

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 5th, 2000, 09:22:46 PM
You rat! Good job! :) The only display I have is standing in my hallway, so that everyone who comes into our house sees it, my company, and my parent's alike! They're all going to know the greatest films of all time by the time I'm finished! :lol:

Bromine
Sep 6th, 2000, 12:53:22 AM
Oh, did I mention those are the two characters my mother hates?;)
They were just hung up in the store with that velcro that has a sticky backing, so that should work. I have nothing on my walls right now except my Anakin TPM poster, so the real question is where DON'T I put it! The bottom is flat so that it can line up with the top of a shelf, so I'll probably put them above my bookshelf and my peg board.