PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Where I Can Get a Copy of the Original Trilogy T

YODA 15
Jan 26th, 2000, 09:21:53 AM
I would love to have the Original Trilogy in Widescreen on Video (The Pre-Special Edition) in THX. I love the original version and I NEED this. If anyone knows where I can get one, TELL ME. THANX

Bonzo The Rogue
Jan 29th, 2000, 07:22:48 AM
This might be a long shot but try a video store. I know Blockbuster sells previously viewed tapes, you might get lucky and find them there.Other than that I'd say check ebay or one of the other online auction places.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jan 29th, 2000, 11:23:50 PM
that's a very tough find. i think that the thx trilogy and the SE trilogy have been discontinued for now. actually i don't think you'll ever see the THX trilogy in stores again. remember the slogan "the originals, one last time."

fauxjedi
Jan 31st, 2000, 04:55:22 AM
Try the CBS/FOX Video Club. You may have to join and buy some other videos, but if you buy alot anyway, you may as well get the trilogy. Otherwise EBay is a good bet as well.

YODA 15
Jan 31st, 2000, 07:49:33 AM
I have heard that Lucas might rerelease the Original Trilogy this year, maybe I can get it then. I hope he does.

LordAbaddon
Feb 6th, 2000, 10:33:24 PM
As far as I know the original trilogy as was seen when they were first released is no more. Lucas will only release the special editions from their original point forward. I have heard, and this is dubious, that this "super digital (DVD? DVHS? Who knows...) collection of all six movies" will contain the originals, SEs, and some new SE stuff (like Biggs shots). Personally if I were you I would buy a laserdisc player, which are going really cheap, and get on eBay and hunt down the Star Wars Definitive Collection on laserdisc. It is the ONLY pure form of the movies as they were released with the most amazing LucasFilm archive shots and interviews with Lucas. Of all the things I own on video, that is the ultimate Star Wars.

redfive1020
Feb 7th, 2000, 12:51:04 PM
What would something like this go for on eBay? I have the originals THX box set but not widescreen. Rich

Jedi Master Kyle
Feb 7th, 2000, 10:36:38 PM
good call red five, there is one up on ebay right now! it's pretty costly though: http://216.184.220.113/cgi/auctions/clickthrough2.pl?countdown=STAR_WARS&item_number=253111397 (http://216.184.220.113/cgi/auctions/clickthrough2.pl?countdown=STAR_WARS&item_number=253111397)

Jedi Master Kyle
Feb 7th, 2000, 10:38:47 PM
goddamit, that's the Special editions...really sorry about getting your hopes up for nothing, yoda15.

redfive1020
Feb 8th, 2000, 11:21:48 PM
I would be willing to part with my Copy of the 3 box set (small) trilogy for Star Wars non-special edition. They are NOT widescreen however and are in good to great condition. They have been viewed 5 times or less. Rich

YODA 15
Feb 9th, 2000, 07:45:51 AM
I have the THX Trilogy, pan&scan of course. Everyone has them, or should have them.

Jedi Berdo Bumar
Feb 11th, 2000, 10:00:57 PM
I payed $75 for mine on E-bay. Mine are the Special Edition. If you buy them used ask alot of questions and make them give you a guarntee!

ASITHLORD
Feb 20th, 2000, 04:04:28 AM
WELL IF HES GOING TO BUY A LASER DISC PLAYER THEN WHY NOT GET A COMBI LASER/DVD. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE HOW WE ARE SPENDING YOUR MONEY?LOL

EP5GRAFLEX
Jul 12th, 2000, 10:14:10 AM
I have a STAR WAR's 3-Tape set not wide-screen, not THX but so utterly cool because it is not butchered!(Special Editions). I mean greedo gets waxed by Han in cold blood, not self-defense like the SE. released by CBS video in 1988 authorized by LFL. Oh it's not for sale.:)

Check out my band!
Jedi-Rocker

www.happyendingsmusic.com (http://www.happyendingsmusic.com)

troyb
Sep 9th, 2000, 04:56:55 AM
SW Trilogy original (not butchered) WIDESCREEN laserdiscs
are $9.99 each at www.kencranes.com !

I picked up all three, and feel a sigh of relief everytime I see Han wax Greedo sneaky-style. (this way I can prove to future generations that Han isn't a slower draw than dumb-ol' Greedo!)

Jidai Geki
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:35:43 PM
I'm sure that you've heard that Lucas is re-re-re-releasing the original trilogy on video this fall. I keep seeing it promoted as, "The Classic Trilogy". Now does the "Classic" mean that it is the original, non-SE edition? I think so. Otherwise they would specify that it was the "Special Edition". Does anyone care if they ever release the SE ever again anyway? I suppose it would be better than nothing, but they made the movies worse with all the SE crap.
Anyway, I think the original, untouched, trilogy is coming to stores this fall. Here's hoping.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 9th, 2000, 08:33:13 PM
I wish he would use elements of both. But I think GL will release his "finished product", as in the SE's.
If I had my way, here's what I would put in the new release.
ANH-Mos Eisley sequence, and the new Death Star sequence.
ESB-I like what they've done with it in the SE's.
ROTJ-the shot of the Banthas and the end celebration would be the only things I left.
Everything else in the SE's would go back to the cutting room floor.