PDA

View Full Version : Help! Royal Starship: worth the shiny penny?

flint723
Sep 5th, 2000, 03:18:22 PM
Does size really justify the price tag? Every time I watch Ep1 and see that sleek chrome hull streak past, I look longingly at a 3' space where I could fit that baby amidst my other SW treasures. It feels like the clock is ticking - the Royal Starship disappeared off of TRU's web site ($50), disappeared off KB's site ($30-50), and last I saw was still on Amazon.com (although due to - if not already - become extinct there too, no doubt, like the Trade Federation Tank playset :( anybody want to sell one? *grins*)... can some lucky people who bought that Nubian beauty tell me if they think it's worth it?

Thanks!

Signed,

Skeptic in Sacramento

Jedieb
Sep 5th, 2000, 05:21:22 PM
Last X-Mas I was lucky enough to pick up the Royal Starship for about half price ($55). And even at that price the ship was well worth it. The interior has plenty of space for figures and the Red R2 is pretty sweet. The sounds are decent as well. If you can find this ship for under $50 then it's worth the price. At $25-$30 it's a steal. But I would have felt like a Royal Chump if I'd paid the full $110. It's not worth that much. A new POTF2 scale Falcon would knock my checking account down $100 bucks, but not the Nubian ship.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. Good luck.

EP5GRAFLEX
Sep 5th, 2000, 08:17:41 PM
"A new POTF2 scale Falcon"...You mean they're going to redesign it to scale? That will definetly ROCK!:)

Jedi-Rocker

Jedieb
Sep 5th, 2000, 08:30:38 PM
I've heard rumblings that it might happen, but NOTHING concrete. Personally, I think it's a long shot. The sales of the Royal Ship were not very strong and that doesn't bode well for a new Falcon. The best hope for a new Falcon is the appearance of the old YT-1300 in EP3. I mean, the Falcon is an old ship in ANH, so why couldn't we see it in EP3?

Bromine
Sep 5th, 2000, 08:42:06 PM
If they did do it, no doubt it would be an exclusive. I could see it selling if a retailer actually wanted to risk stocking it.

Albi Wan Yankovi
Sep 5th, 2000, 10:27:12 PM
I LOVE the ship! Definatly worth the $55! BUY IT NOW!

SithLord323
Sep 8th, 2000, 07:57:01 PM
I concur! For $55 it's definitely worth it!

Oza Fett
Sep 15th, 2000, 09:57:43 AM
I need to move to the US.

In Australia the Starship retails at about $280Aus
A friend works at a toystore and they buy from Hasbro at $218

Oza Fett