PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sales and Flea Markets

jjwr
Sep 19th, 2000, 10:24:19 AM
Anyone out there have good luck at sales or flea markets for finding cool toys? A few years back I had a good summer or two and actually found some stuff but haven't found anything in over 2 yrs, been very dry.

I'm still hoping I'll come accross a big G.I.Joe collection or two at a yard sale but nada so far. I don't think I've seen any Star Wars toys at a sale/market for a long time.

Jedieb
Sep 19th, 2000, 03:28:01 PM
I've never found anything of value. You've got to get up pretty early on the weekend to hit those yardsales and that just isn't my thing.

Bromine
Sep 19th, 2000, 08:47:18 PM
I've noticed in the last few years, at least in my area, everyone tries to get back what they origianlly paid. It used to be you could get stuff for like a buck or two. Now for a $40 chair, they'll charge $35. Anything that looks remotely like a collectible will be overpriced. I've seen loose Star Wars figures for as much as $10.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 19th, 2000, 08:53:36 PM
I once found a garage sale with an ESB blanket out front and
ROTJ bed sheets. I think I paid $2 for the blanket and sheets combined. I asked the woman if she had any more old star wars stuff back there, and she came back out with a plush chewie from 1977, the ANH novelization, the ESB illustrated novelization, and a model of the falcon, which I've since destroyed! :( I haven't seen a single star wars artifact since.

Albi Wan Yankovi
Sep 19th, 2000, 09:11:02 PM
I found TWO pull apart 3P0s at the Flea Market for $2 a piece. Got them both.

SithLord323
Sep 21st, 2000, 01:31:34 PM
I found an old Kenner lightsabre at a yard sale once! Got it for .50!! :)