PDA

View Full Version : Merging figure lines

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:02:03 PM
With all this merging (episode 1 & POTF2) I seriously hope they keep with this line until 2002 and keep the Episode 2 line in it. I would hate to see hasbro kill the POTJ line, and then start the episode 2 line, then re-release all the figures again in a new line.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2000, 08:23:09 PM
Nobody knows for sure what they're going to do. I can't see Hasbro NOT churning out new cards with Episode 2 splashed all over it. Hopefully, POTJ will hang around and feature classic and TPM figures and then take over again when EP2's run is over. Then when the same thing happens with EP3 POTJ carries the line into the future. That wouldn't be too bad a scenario.

Bromine
Sep 22nd, 2000, 11:26:19 PM
I highly doubt they'll re-release all the figures again under a new series name when Episode 2 comes out. Hasbro has already said that NO figures previously released will be released again on POTJ. Actually, I think the whole point of the POTJ line was to make a line with a that could be used for Star Wars in general and not be limited to one movie.

Jedieb
Sep 23rd, 2000, 06:18:20 PM
You're right Bro, they wont re-release figures on POTJ packaging, but they will need new cards for the figures that are generated by EP2. If Hasbro decided it wanted to make a new Qui-Gon or Lobot, they they'd use the POTJ packaging for those figures.