PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got the New Joes!!!

jjwr
Oct 11th, 2000, 03:47:34 PM
Well a big box of Etoys.com arrived today with all my new Joes in it, I only had time to bring it inside and check them out before I had to head back to work but they look awesome!

I've got the full assortment waiting for me except for the Tank which etoys didn't have for some reason. If anyone is curious once I get home and get a chance to dig into them I'll let everyone know what I think.

Jedieb
Oct 11th, 2000, 07:36:59 PM
Post a pic if you can. I've heard these come with a stand and I'd like to see what it looks like. I haven't taken a very good look at these yet and I haven't seen any of them out of their packaging.

jjwr
Oct 11th, 2000, 09:12:05 PM
They're pretty cool, normally the Joes were made with a harder plastic and were pretty rigid, which at times would cause the thumbs to break from the weapons, on the new ones they made the forearms out of a softer plastic like the SW figures so theres no chance of the thumbs breaking off like the old ones, but its also harder for them to hold onto their weapons as well.

Other than that the figures rock, they're all repaints but they're good. The stands are pretty basic, about 1 1/2" long and 1 " wide with a peg for the holes in their feet. Pretty standard G.I.Joe Stand, same as all the older figures came with.

I don't have a camera(well I do but not going to take a roll of Just Joe pictures) and haven't gotten around to buying a Digital Camera yet(soon hopefully) so when I get the chance I'll stuff them all in my scanner and try it that way.

Bromine
Oct 12th, 2000, 07:07:43 PM
Just took a look at them at Etoys.com. Pretty cool lookin', although not surprisingly they package every figure I want with every one I don't want.

Btw, I found a Seigfried and Roy Joe: www.etoys.com/prod/toy/50353081 (http://www.etoys.com/prod/toy/50353081)

jjwr
Oct 13th, 2000, 08:16:32 AM
All the figures are great, even the ones I didn't think would be that nice look really good. And at $7-$8 for 2 figures its not a bad price anyways.