PDA

View Full Version : Any Star Wars fig for $.97 even r2 holo

mr guy of sci fi
Nov 23rd, 2000, 07:37:01 AM
ok people most people know that toysrus will have some ff, classic commtech and ep1 commtech figures for $.97 each on friday. the sale does not include the power of the jedi line at all. Now realize this ALMOST ALL other major competing stores will match toysrus's price, That's a great thing. But you say not the potj line, WRONG. The only numbers on the add are for toysrus sku numbers, all other stores should interpret the add to include potj line figures. I say this because toysrus's add says regular price 3.99 to 6.99, 6.99 falls into the potj line at other stores. Now if you were smart you would,ve pre bought your figures on wed before the friday rush, because again most major stores will price match and refund the difference within 30 days of the figures purchase.

My own wednsday story is this. I went to my local toysrus wed and found that they had stocked the shelves for friday. They put out five cases of classic commtech figures including r2 w/ leai hologram. What A score! they also had made an end cap of ep1 figs about 400+ figs. I cleaned them out of all the battle droids. ( remember loose figs are great for the new roleplaying game by wotc.) I bought all those figs at $1.97 each, friday I will go in and get a refund for the sale price and buy more figs (an awesome deal). Now I went to walmart and put 60 potj figs on lay away for friday. They had got the new figure assortments of the potj line in. Sometimes walmart will pull a fast one and pull all inventory on a competitors sale item so they don't need to play the matching price game. I was smart to secure what figs I wanted to buy on the sale price friday. At fred meyers I bought over $200 in figs, ones that toysrus didn't have in for the sale. I payed $6 something each, but again i will price match/ refund on friday using toysrus's add.

Well with all this info go forth and BUY BUY BUY, No one can have too many figs (especially for roleplaying minatures). See you in the toy isle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjwr
Nov 23rd, 2000, 12:48:19 PM
Seeing as most of those figures aren't worth the $0.97 it won't matter too much to me. I've got the ones I want and the various rescultps get old pretty quick so I don't see a point to it.

Sith Lord8053
Nov 23rd, 2000, 01:06:07 PM
geniuss I say genius. Why didn't I think of that? Looks like I'm going to have to make a turkey day dash to the store. I swear with all the skeeming I've done in the past I should have though of this. Oh well, thanks for the info.

Matthew