PDA

View Full Version : TRU & Holo R2s

Jedieb
Dec 6th, 2000, 01:20:11 PM
If you've never heard of "Toy Karma" then here's a quick example. I went by TRU after work yesterday. I almost didn't make the turn to go by the store but I said what the heck, a collector can't live on just WalMart runs. As I made my way down to the SW aisle a TRU employee I know saw mw and said "Hey, I've got something you'll want to see." He led to me a bin of POTF COMMTech chip figures. The thing was filled to the rim with COMMTech Stormtroopers. There was another collector there and he already had 10 Stormtroopers set aside. I went and nabbed 4 for much needed army building and it occurred to me, if there are COMMTech Stormies and Vaders then this must be the Holo R2 case. I asked the employee about it and he said YES, these were from those cases. They were keeping the R2s in the back to keep them away from dealers and they were giving them out 1 per customer. I would have gotten 3 if I could have for a couple of you Canadian collectors but I didn't feel right about asking for so many. Sorry. :(

The employee knew I was a die hard SW collector and not some degenerate scalper so he went back and I pulled one fresh out of the case. That's Toy Karma for ya! Don't scalp and good luck will come your way!

These cases are making their way towards TRU across the country. Keep you eyes peeled and be polite and you just might be able to score Holo R2 without paying $30 for him. BTW, did I mention I only paid $1.98 for the little guy? :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 6th, 2000, 11:02:47 PM
This story gets weirder by the minute. As I was reading your post, I was chatting with my friend in Kansas and she was off to the local TRU and I asked her to take a looksee for me. Too weird...

Albi Wan Yankovi
Dec 19th, 2000, 05:53:05 PM
JMK, didja get lucky? I was SO friggin' lucky last night. I went Christmas shopping for my mom (got her one of the Wizard of Oz Barbie dolls and a PT Cruiser model, 'cause she wants a PT Cruiser (which I put together for her) ) Anyway, I was at TRU. So I took a trip back to the Star Wars aisle and... OH MY GOD. STACKS of Vaders and Stormies... I looked and looked after I got the two, and found NO R2! So, I gave up and headed down the Pokemon aisle to see if someone hid 'em. I looked and looked, once again, no dice. Then, I saw an end cap. No luck again! In the next aisle over (Star Wars aisle), there was ANOTHER end cap, and I find THE LAST R2-D2 WITH HOLOGRAPH LEIA! Hot damn, I'm on a lucky streak lately (sorry if I'm rubbing it in, guys...).

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 20th, 2000, 12:15:33 AM
no, she's in Kansas, I'm in Montreal. No dice for me.

Albi Wan Yankovi
Dec 20th, 2000, 01:50:01 AM
You DO realize I meant getting an R2 when I said "Didja get lucky" right? ;)

Jedieb
Dec 20th, 2000, 10:57:45 AM
Congrats Albi!! :)