PDA

View Full Version : How do yo uguys display your vintage figures?

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 01:49:28 PM
I'm thinking of using some of the set pieces, like the sandcrawler and Hoth battle, and putting some figures on them for display. Anyone done stuff like this?

Jedi Sed Rein
May 28th, 2001, 02:48:45 PM
i have a book case that i create small scenes in with figures. i also use shelves on the wall to put figures on to display. my ships are hung from the ceiling

next thing is i gotta figure out a way to display my blaster and all those EL sabers im getting.

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 02:55:52 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out the best way to display my sabers and blasters, too. I really need to wall mount them instead of using cases. I think I'm going to make plaques for my sabers, one for each film, that hold them hanging like they would hang from their belts.

I'm stumped on the blasters, though.:/

Jedieb
May 28th, 2001, 06:07:44 PM
I've got most of my vintage figures on an Ultarama display. I'm going to be using my ROTJ Jabba Playset to display some of my ROTJ vintage figures. I think playsets make a nice backdrop for loose figures.

PropReplicator
May 28th, 2001, 07:41:39 PM
Have you ever constructd a set for displaying your figures? I was thinking of doing a Pit of Carkoon.

sirdizzy
May 29th, 2001, 04:19:25 PM
i don't do dioramas for my vintage figs (i liek to have 100's of figs in a diorama and its easier to do them with new figs)

i just have all my vintage figs ona shelf together besides a ton of my newer figs

i take more pride in my dioramas like my emperors arival thats has almost 200 figs in it (100 stromtrooperrs and a 100 other soldiers of the empire)

Jedieb
May 30th, 2001, 12:09:23 PM
That arrival display must rock, dizzy! :)

I've don't done a little bit of custom work but I've never built anything to display my figures in. The Pit of Carkoon would be a great project. I've got an old ROTJ Sarlacc boardgame that I'l like to use one day to display some figures. I just haven't figured out how to do it.

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 01:09:22 PM
Whoa! I guess you have a separate room in the house for just dioramas?:)

Jedieb
May 31st, 2001, 08:45:23 AM
I have my own little SW room in my house. It's got way more POTF2 stuff than vintage stuff. I've got wall to wall toys and stuff strewn all over the floor. It's seems I can never get the place to look just right. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
May 31st, 2001, 04:49:30 PM
Mine are all loose and gathering dust on the shelf. I've only got around 50 of them, and no accessories whatsoever, so I don't really care about their condition.