PDA

View Full Version : New Chewie figure

SPY007
Feb 15th, 2001, 03:10:55 AM
Anybody else think the new "to scale" Chewie mechanic fig is too tall. he is three plus heads taller than the Solo fig - 9 feet tall?. Actuall photos show Harrison Ford to be about shoulder height with Chewie/ Mayhew - maybe 7 1/2 feet tall. Did Hasbro blow it again or am I wrong?. I like the new figs, but they just did the lame chess chewie. Pick a size and stick with it. Are they going to redo Vader now too?

jjwr
Feb 15th, 2001, 12:03:32 PM
When did this fig come out? I haven't seen one yet.

SPY007
Feb 15th, 2001, 10:33:46 PM
It is just starting to show up. I have actually only seen the toy fair pics. Go to rebelscum.com to view it.

Jedieb
Feb 15th, 2001, 10:34:55 PM
They've posted pics of the new Chewie figure over at Rebelscum. It's from their Toy Fair coverage. I think the figure looks great. Finally a Chewie figure that towers over Han and Leia! I don't remember him looking too tall, but I only remember seeing him standing next to a Bespin Leia and it looked pretty good to me.

SPY007
Feb 17th, 2001, 06:01:35 AM
In the prop forum, some has posted a "New Han Chewie" picture that has not been seen before? Compare that picture with the toy fair photos. Yes the fig looks great, but it is way too big. The sandtrooper ammo pouches seem to be in the wrong place too.

obiwan shinobi
Apr 21st, 2001, 09:08:18 PM
i like the new Chewie but i agree that it's a bit too tall...i mean, he does tower over Han but the figure is a bit excessive, IMHO :)

Jedieb
Apr 26th, 2001, 08:16:47 AM
I've actually measured new Chewie, Han, & Leia and compared the figure heights to the character's Force File heights. The figures are in scale to one another. Off the top of my head I can't remember the exact ratio but they were all within hundredths of each other. Hasbro really is trying to make these new POTJ figures according to scale.

PropReplicator
May 30th, 2001, 01:12:37 PM
I haven't heard of these. Are they on the shelves, yet?

Jedieb
May 31st, 2001, 08:42:40 AM
The Mechanic Chewie is now shipping in the Sandtrooper wave. My local WalMart has pretty much sold out of the Sandtrooper, Obi-Wan, and Qui-gon, but the Chewies are sitting on the pegs. This wave is a great chance for anyone who missed this figure to pick it up.

QuiGonJ
Jun 14th, 2001, 05:20:44 PM
I think they got the scale right and the figure looks great. I want my ANH Chewie in that scale though.