PDA

View Full Version : Life-Size Yoda......!!!

DLRed5
Jul 20th, 2001, 02:17:35 AM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to toss this out, since I'm new to the forum (although I should have been here years ago!)...

I won one of the "Pepsi Yodas"...the first and only thing I've ever won in my life. Have any of you got one? Also, just for curiousity, I was wondering how much he is worth (not selling him on my life!) :)

Thanks!

David (Red5)

Jedieb
Jul 20th, 2001, 08:27:03 AM
I've got a life sized Blockbuster Yoda that I bought off ebay. The Pepsi Yoda and the Blockbuster Yoda are basically the same except they've got different bases. I got mine relatively cheaply at $335. At the time they were selling for $400-$600. I even ran into someone who told me they're son had won one and was being offered $1,000. The market for these has cooled off a bit. You could still easily get $200-$300 for it. The Pepsi Yoda may or not be rarer than the Blockbuster one so it could up the price $50-$100 higher. I'd think that these Yoda's will hold up quite well still be worth hundreds of dollars years from now. It will take years for them to stay over the $1,000 mark consistently.

For now, enjoy that Yoda! Don't even think about selling him!

http://www.yavin4.com/humor/yodFa.jpg

DLRed5
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:42:28 PM
Hi Jedieb,

That sounds about right, the price you paid. I heard that the actual cost of building Yoda was in the upper $200 range, so you really got a great deal. I also knew that they all had to be won, and couldn't be sold...that's why I almost flipped when I got the call that I had won him!

I didn't know Blockbuster had the same thing going, either. I'm sure they are manufactured by the same company.

Thanks for the pics...I would upload one, but don't have a scanner. :(

Cya!

David (Red5)

BTW, I *did* mean it when I said I'm not gonna sell him. ;)

xwing15
Jul 21st, 2001, 08:34:47 AM
I bought one of the Darth Maul's for $500 - any ideas how much he's worth. Man, he looks good standing in my living room.

DLRed5
Jul 21st, 2001, 06:53:10 PM
Hey xwing15,

I had no idea about a life-size Darth Maul (except the cutout type)...where did it come from? Who made it? That's really cool, also...I'm sure he's well worth the price you paid, but I'm no expert.

Take care,

David (Red5)

X-wing
Sep 27th, 2001, 05:30:03 AM
Sorry DLRed5. I haven't been up this side of town in a while.

The darth Maul cost me $550, and was an auction in all the Kentucky Fried Chicken stores in Australia, with all the proceeds going to charity. The good thing about that was I was able to get almost half of it back from the Tax Office.:D

I don't know who made it, but for me it is well worth the price. he stands in the corner of my living room just snarling at everyone who walks in the door. :evil