PDA

View Full Version : B-Wings at Target, start asking... POLITELY!

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2001, 05:22:58 PM
I picked up the Target exclusive B-Wing at my local Target today(SW, Virginia). These have now been spotted on both U.S. coasts and I believe the midwest as well. I just went to a stock person, gave them the DCPI# and asked them to check the stockroom. I had asked someone yesterday and came up empty so you don't want to go too long between visits. Here's one thing that I found odd. The stock person asked me if I just wanted 1 when she brought it out to me. I only need one so that's all I asked for. It just bothered me that she had no problem with my snagging multiple B-Wings. This woman is a scalper's best friend!

So keep checking your Targets and remember to be polite. You might also want to ask someone who works OUTSIDE of the toy department. Someone from the toy department may be fed up with collectors and scalpers to the point that they ignore the requests of both. Good luck and here's the number in case you need it:
DCPI# 087-06-1954

jjwr
Jul 17th, 2001, 04:42:18 PM
All these target exclusives really piss me off, with them being exclusives scalpers know it and suck them up quick. B-Wings are cool, I've still got my Vintage at home. How's the new one?

Jedieb
Jul 17th, 2001, 04:45:43 PM
The packaging looks gorgeous!! I still haven't taken it out yet. I'm in the middle of reaaranging my SW stuff to make room for all these exclusives and the EP2 onslaught. It's basically the old mold with a new paint job. I don't have a vintage one so I don't know if yours has electronics or not but I'm certain the new one doesn't. I hope you get a shot at getting one, it's not a bad ship for $39.99, but I would have liked some lights and sounds for that price.

obiwan shinobi
Aug 6th, 2001, 06:04:27 AM
it sucks being in Canada - i guess i'll have to make a trip down to Seattle to pick up one of these :(

Jedieb
Aug 6th, 2001, 10:55:54 AM
This was the weekend that Target stores were suppose to put the B-Wings out. My local store has just started resetting their toy aisle for the fall. They should have the B-Wings out by tonight or tomorrow. Good luck with your Seatle run. I'd call ahead and see if someone would hold one for you, you might get lucky.