PDA

View Full Version : Latest Additions: What's new in your collection?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 5th, 2005, 09:57:02 AM
My collection so far.

With me

Unleashed figures
Count Dooku
Tusken Raider
Bossk
Ayla Seacura
General Grevious
Hoth Luke in rebel pilot gear

Action figures
Han in Hoth gear
Tusken Raider mama with runt
Snowtrooper
Wampa
Geonosis Padme
AT-TE Gunner
Clone Commander
Arc Trooper (from Clone Wars)
Slave Leia
Polis Massan

Twelve inch doll/figures
Boba Fett

Books
Art of Ep3

Comics
The Sith War
Redemption
Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand (All single issues, not the collected version)
1 issue from Crimson Empire
1 issue of a story dealing with Fett vs. Vader; can't remember the title off-hand

At my mother's

Action figures
Royal Guard (actual cloth robe)
Stormtrooper
Han in Stormtrooper disguise (Had to send away for that one)
Leia in Bosch disguise
C-3PO
R2-D2
Han Solo
Darth Vader

Model Sets
Millenium Falcon
Battle at Hoth

Books
New Rebellion
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Dark Force Rising
X-Wing: Wedge's Gambit
X-Wing: The Krytos Trap
X-Wing: The Bacta War

Audio Books
Thrawn Trilogy (this sucker came in an awesome case with a relief of the Falcon)

That's about it for me. I pretty much pick and choose through the huge sea of merchandise out there and get only the stuff that strikes my fancy, or people get them for me. The Thrawn Trilogy audio books on tape are my favorite though. They were a gift from my grandmother, and I used to sit and listen to them for hours on end while doing chores around the house. Though, it has been a while since I've listened to them or even seen them, so I could be wrong and it's only Heir to the empire. I'm pretty positive it's the whole trilogy though.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the collector's value on that particular set? The case is black plastic, with a grey Millenium Falcon raised in the center, and IIRC it's read by Anthony Daniels.

imported_QuiGonJ
May 5th, 2005, 12:09:13 PM
Latest items:

ROTS Soundtrack (gotta love the DVD with it!)
Lego Star Wars: the video game
and some nifty person got me the Calebration III Darth Vader with the rare Star Case!

JMK
May 5th, 2005, 01:50:16 PM
Some nifty person huh?

Yeah...we like nifty people around here...

What about you Eb, do you like nifty people? ;)

Jedieb
May 5th, 2005, 07:01:50 PM
Nifty people should never be trusted. One day they're your buddy, the next they're stealing your beloved baseball team. :evil

Great day today. I don't know how many of you knew that there were cases maked not to be open until May 5th. Two of my local WalMarts had new merchandise today (#41-44 & the Battle Arenas) and my Target had the second wave of Deluxe figures. Target is suppose to wait until the 8th to release their exclusive Clonetrooper, but they've already started slipping out.

Mace V. Sidious - Battle Arena
Clone Trooper - #41 (x2)
Neimodian Warrior - #42
Wookie Warrior - #43
Destroyer Droid - #44

Deluxe Clonetrooper w/ Jetpack
Deluxe Darth Vader w/ Operating Table

ROTS for the X-Box
Jedi & Sith controllers (2 pack)
The controllers were only $10, couldn't pass up a deal like that. The game has several clips in there. It's pretty sweet, but there's only so much time I can give it each day. I don't even think I'll be able to finish it before the movie starts.

JMK
May 6th, 2005, 09:31:35 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Nifty people should never be trusted. One day they're your buddy, the next they're stealing your beloved baseball team. :evil

Nice burn!

I'll have to get back out there and shop around for new figures. I still haven't seen Mas Amedda anywhere around here save for one specialty shop downtown. Majorly inconvenient to get there. :\

Anbira Hicchoru
May 6th, 2005, 09:59:33 AM
Originally posted by JMK
Nice burn!

I'll have to get back out there and shop around for new figures. I still haven't seen Mas Amedda anywhere around here save for one specialty shop downtown. Majorly inconvenient to get there. :\

Seen several at my local Wal Mart. I could get one and ship it to you :)

JMK
May 6th, 2005, 10:25:25 AM
Well like Eb said, he's destined to be a peg warmer so I'll wait a while longer before asking someone to pick one up for me. A $7 peg warmer would end up costing me closer to $20 once shipping and exchange factors in. I'll definetly keep it in mind though, thanks for the offer.

Jedieb
May 6th, 2005, 02:47:57 PM
Deluxe Figures
Vulture Droid (Red Cockpit)
Yoda on Cancell

JMK
May 7th, 2005, 07:39:34 AM
Should have posted this yesterday:

Collector pin #6: Mace Windu

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 7th, 2005, 11:05:28 PM
Mace Windu Unleashed (from Charley :D )
Twelve inch General Grievous
Star Wars Galactic Heroes: 4-LOM and Bossk

Also forgot to mention that I grabbed the Ewok Adventures, Droids, and that Ewok cartoon in a fit of impulse buying :D

imported_QuiGonJ
May 8th, 2005, 01:54:25 PM

If you want the Dodgers, take 'em. Just see if you can get us an NFL team that aren't the Raiders in return. :evil:

JMK
May 8th, 2005, 03:38:25 PM
Collector pin #7 - Darth Vader

Collector pin #8 - Boba Fett

Jedieb
May 8th, 2005, 08:53:12 PM
If you want the Dodgers, take 'em. Just see if you can get us an NFL team that aren't the Raiders in return. :
:lol

Target Exclusive Clonetrooper
Clonetrooper - #6
ROTS fold up chairs (blue & black)

WalMart was clearancing these out for just $7.98 so I figured what the hell. I need some chairs around the pool table.

JMK
May 9th, 2005, 06:54:06 AM
Collector pin #9: Princess Leia.

I found a bunch of new stuff at my local TRU, the ARC-170 fighter, the Republic Gunship, the Deluxe Clonetrooper w/jetpack, Darth Vader on his frankenstein table, Yoda and that dragonfly....all that and still no Mas Amedda. :\

Jedieb
May 9th, 2005, 10:30:32 AM
You've got to be kidding! Mas Amedda has shipped for the second time now with figures #41-44. When some of those army builders get there you should be able to find him.

JMK
May 9th, 2005, 02:42:41 PM
At last! Amedda is mine!

I hit a different TRU today during lunch. I had to go to the Staples next door to pick up some office supplies so I figured the company wouldn't mind if I took a quick detour. I was SO glad I did. I almost bought all 3 of the ones they had just to make sure I got him. Instead I got the "frankenstein" Vader figure, a Clone Pilot and another AT-TE Gunner.

Jedieb
May 9th, 2005, 08:29:28 PM
I haven't opened my operating table Vader yet. I'm looking forward to ripping that sucker open. Glad you found Mas. Isn't that tongue disturbing? They could have cast Gene Simmons and saved a few grand in FX costs.

JMK
May 10th, 2005, 07:07:34 AM
Franken-Vader is fun. Though I don't get the fake 'n bake suntan he's got. Did he spend some time under Palpatine's UV lamps before getting in the helmet? The helmet doesn't always sit on his head perfectly, that's a little annoying, otherwise he's a nice figure.

Amedda's tongue is some kind of huge! What's up with that? You're right, Simmons would have done it for free I'd bet too! And speaking of unnecessary FX - CG Luke & Leia?

Come on Lucas, just because you can doesn't mean you should. :x

JMK
May 11th, 2005, 07:22:21 AM
Collector pin #10: Jabba the Hutt

Collector pin #11: Stormtrooper

JMK
May 12th, 2005, 09:06:29 AM
Collector pin #12: C-3P0

Jedieb
May 12th, 2005, 11:36:04 AM
Get a pic of those pins when you get the whole set!

TRU Exclusive Anakin Starfighter
Utapau landing Platform (Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Grievous's Bodyguard)
Target Exclusive Clonetrooper

JMK
May 12th, 2005, 12:13:36 PM
Are the target exclusive clone troopers on regular display in stores or is there some catch to getting one? I'll get my folks to pick one up for me when they get back from New Orleans.

BTW, my C3 Vader came today! It's wicked!
And get this: some of that styrofoam you packed with it somehow found its way into the bubble! Probably where you press the button, but that's a small hole! :lol

Jedieb
May 12th, 2005, 08:32:53 PM
Damn, sorry about that. Curse you styrofoam! As for the Target clones, they were released last Sunday and pretty much sold out everywhere. But, many stores put out a second wave this week. Mine did it today and they're were around 10 on the pegs when I went by early this afternoon. I'd ask your parents to check on it tomorrow. IMO, it's way overpriced at $12.99. It's just a well articulated figure, no more, no less.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2005, 08:21:29 AM
just cause they're so damn cute:

Galactic Heroes Dengar and Boba Fett and the GH Milleniom Falcon which comes with Han, Chewie, and 3PO

JMK
May 13th, 2005, 08:29:39 AM
Hey no worries, it's like an official Lucasfilm snowglobe now!

Collector pin #13: Count Dooku

Jedieb
May 13th, 2005, 11:18:05 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
just cause they're so damn cute:

Galactic Heroes Dengar and Boba Fett and the GH Milleniom Falcon which comes with Han, Chewie, and 3PO

I have that Falcon. That really is a great toy. It's been on the shelf awhile, but I remember it had a bunch of neat play features and even some electronics. I had to be careful to keep it away from the kids. It's just to tempting.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2005, 11:30:13 AM
Yeah, I love it. Every once in a while though it'll short circuit or something and R2 will start squawlking. Scares the snot out of the cats which in turn makes me smile. I really want to get my hands on the Stompin' Wampa pack, just so I can have a tauntaun. Those are my favorite along with the little jawa/tusken raider set which I can't find anywhere :\

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 13th, 2005, 09:34:02 PM
Friday night binge results:

GH:
Mace Windu and Kit Fisto
Princess Leia and Han Solo
Luke Skywalker and R2-D2
Chewbacca and Clone Trooper

Arena Adventure - Reek, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, and Geonosian Warriour

X-Wing Adventure - X-Wing, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and R2-D2

12-inch:
set of two Jawas

JMK
May 14th, 2005, 05:40:18 PM
Collector pin #14: Yoda

So shopstarwars.com sent my mom the wrong figures so I spent the day driving around town for Palpatine #35 & Grievous #36 and found them both. I figured while I was out I may as well pick up the ARC 170 starfighter & 2 Clone Pilots as well as Anakin's Jedi starfighter and Grievous' Wheelbike. :)

Jedieb
May 14th, 2005, 09:10:14 PM
Mustafar Playset

Anbira Hicchoru
May 14th, 2005, 09:15:56 PM
Target exclusive clonetrooper :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 14th, 2005, 10:48:18 PM
GH:

Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku
Skiff Guard and Lando

Figures:
Clone Commander
Cantina playset which includes Dr. Evazen, Wuher, and Kitik Keed'kak

Jedieb
May 15th, 2005, 10:40:11 AM
Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
Target exclusive clonetrooper :D

I hope you didn't have to resort to ebay. Are you going to open it?

Anbira Hicchoru
May 15th, 2005, 02:06:34 PM
I ebayed it for $15, and I open all of my toys, nerd :rolleyes ;)

Jedieb
May 15th, 2005, 08:24:11 PM
If you got it with shipping for under $20 you got a good deal. Scalpers aren't making much on this, which is the way it should be. And I open most of my stuff too, nerd! ;)

JMK
May 16th, 2005, 07:11:45 AM
Collector pin #15: Darth Sidious

Collector pin #16: Luke Skywalker

JMK
May 16th, 2005, 07:59:18 PM
Darth Tater

Jedieb
May 16th, 2005, 09:40:50 PM
Playskool Yoda with Swamp Stomper

This weekend TRU will have a buy one get one free sale on these Playskool figs. I'll probably pick up a Vader and a Luke figure. They're damn cute. Haven't gotten Darth Tater yet, but it's only a matter of time.

JMK
May 17th, 2005, 09:37:23 AM
I actually picked up 2 Darth Taters. One for me, the other for my girlfriend who just loves him.

Collector pin #17: Bail Organa.

I'll be so relieved when this set is complete. It's a pain to have to drive to the store every day, buy a french newspaper just so that I can cut out the voucher inside!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2005, 09:39:16 AM
12 inch Garindan

Unleashed Anakin
Unleashed Obi-Wan

"Super articulated" scuffed up looking Clonetrooper from Target

JMK
May 17th, 2005, 02:46:35 PM
Get a pic of those pins when you get the whole set!

http://www.theforce.net/collecting/story/2005_Official_Pin_Sets_92548.asp

tf.n has posted some nice shots of the set. I didn't realize that there were so many versions of the set around the world.
I'm thinking that I may have the rarest one, although it is in french and that won't help it as a collectible at all. :grumble

I'll still post pics of my set when I'm done.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 17th, 2005, 07:06:55 PM
Master Replicas Force FX Anakin Skywalker lightsaber.

Nerd++

JMK
May 18th, 2005, 07:06:17 AM
Collector pin #18: Chewbacca

Jedieb
May 18th, 2005, 06:02:40 PM
Clonetrooper - #41 (2x)
Wookie Warrior - #43 (Light Brown)
Wookie Warrior - #43 (Dark Brown)

Originally posted by Anbira Hicchoru
Master Replicas Force FX Anakin Skywalker lightsaber.

Nerd++

Got one at C3 and it was definitely worth the coinage. They're also remarkably durable. A couple of guys staged a lightsaber battle at the opening ceremonies with a couple of FX sabers and they were whacking away at each other. If you can find a fellow N++ to battle away with I highly recommend it.

How many pins in the whole set JMK?

JMK
May 20th, 2005, 07:22:28 AM
My set has 20 pins, as does the Australian set I believe. The U.K. Set has 26 pins.

I just finished it this morning:
Collector pin #19: Padme
Collector pin #20: General Grievous

imported_QuiGonJ
May 21st, 2005, 08:57:59 PM
A 1978 Radio Controlled R2 I got off Ebay for $10. It said it didn't move, but I did an Anakin.. Took the leg coverings off, reset a loose spocket and he moves forward now as well as makes noise.

The only part that still needs fixing is the head movement. Eb, know anyone who could tell me how to take the head off safely? I've left a post on Rebelscum, but no answer yet.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2005, 06:50:33 AM
Chewbacca Unleashed
Yet another Clone Commander
another #41 Stormtrooper
#43 Wookiee Warrior (Dark)
GH Padme and Anakin
GH IG-88 and Zuckuss
Mos Eisly Cantina scene 2 with Obi-Wan, Ponda Baba, and Zutton

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2005, 09:21:35 AM
Originally posted by QuiGonJ
A 1978 Radio Controlled R2 I got off Ebay for $10. It said it didn't move, but I did an Anakin.. Took the leg coverings off, reset a loose spocket and he moves forward now as well as makes noise.

The only part that still needs fixing is the head movement. Eb, know anyone who could tell me how to take the head off safely? I've left a post on Rebelscum, but no answer yet.
I replied to this the other day but I guess it didn't go through.. weird.

I'd try Gus Lopez's site. www.toyrgus.com You might be able to get in tough with one of the guys from that site who've done some work on vintage toys. That's where I'd go.

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2005, 02:49:00 PM
SW Insider #83
Clone Commander

imported_QuiGonJ
May 24th, 2005, 04:16:25 PM
heh.. guess where toysrgus' discussion forums are. :)

They are located as the vintage section of rebelscum's forums.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2005, 09:36:29 PM
Have you tried sending Gus or someone else an e-mail? You may also want to try FFURG. I bet the customizers there could help you.

http://www.ffurg.com/

I got some great tips on customizing cardbacks on their forums.

Liam Jinn
May 26th, 2005, 04:20:20 PM
I finally have something to post in this thread!!!

I got the Star Wars Episode III POSTER BOOK!! MUAHAHAHA!

I know it's nothing, but I think it's neat.

:D

Jedieb
May 26th, 2005, 07:41:36 PM
It sounds GREAT! Don't ever think your collection isn't up to snuff. If you like it that's all that matters. :thumbup

JMK
May 27th, 2005, 02:51:28 PM
Yeah, you don't have to be Steve Sansweet to have a legit collection. ;)

Jedieb
May 27th, 2005, 08:05:57 PM
Vulture Droid (Blue variant)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 28th, 2005, 09:47:16 AM
Blonde Wookie

Ordered off of Amazaon and awaiting delivery :D
Palpatine vs. Yoda Unleashed
Asajj Ventress Unleashed
Darth Sidious Unleashed

From Ebay:
Aurra Sing Unleashed

JMK
May 28th, 2005, 02:18:21 PM
Very nice. :)

Jedieb
May 28th, 2005, 05:37:17 PM
That Yoda V. Palps will be the first ROTS Unleashed I get. I may get Obi-Wan and Anakin and connect Unleashed is one of the hottest lines going now. Nice acquisitions. :thumbup