PDA

View Full Version : Grand Admiral Thrawn is my hero...

KingCujo
Jul 27th, 1999, 03:48:05 AM
One of the best literary villains of recent memory. I wish there had been some way to incorporate him in the films, Kevin Spacey would have made a great Thrawn, woulda been perfect. I always hoped the could do an animated version of the thrawn trilogy, release it on HBO, Im fairly sure it would have amazingly high ratings for a cable program. KingCujo-The Independent

Bromine
Jul 27th, 1999, 09:36:42 PM
Cable would be a good format, because they could do like a five-part miniseries for each novel and get all the details in. Having it animated would also keep the budget down. Hope someone at HBO and/or Lucasfilm is listening...

DARTH VALEN
Aug 14th, 1999, 12:02:49 PM
IT'S PERFECT! A REALLY REALLY GOOD IDEA. YOU KNOW JEREMY IRONS OR MICHAEL O'HARE WOULD MAKE GREAT THRAWN.

Atreyu
Aug 14th, 1999, 09:09:31 PM
Jeremy Irons sounds like a good choice. :) Who would play Pellaeon?

Bromine
Aug 16th, 1999, 12:35:18 AM
He's like almost seventy in the novels (served with the Imperial navy for fifty years), so I'd like to see Jon Voight in the role. (Or maybe Sean Connery, since he has the vitality and the voice for it.)

Atreyu
Aug 16th, 1999, 01:14:43 AM
But I don't quite imagine him at 70 though - I've often pictured him as a bloke who would look more around 55ish - 60ish. I once had a passing thought that Roy Scheider could play him - but I haven't put much thought into it.

DARTH VALEN
Aug 16th, 1999, 11:23:54 AM
SEAN CONNERY SEEMS TO BE EVERYBODY'S CHOICE IF YOU GO SEE THE FORCE NET FORUM... THEN, WHO'S GONNA PLAY MITHEL, C'BAOTH, MARA, RUKH, KARRDE, GHENT,ETC?

Atreyu
Aug 16th, 1999, 10:58:56 PM
How about - Sean Connery. :)

Qui John
Aug 17th, 1999, 09:25:12 PM
My humble suggestions: G.A. Thrawn - Kevin Spacey (great choice, IMHO!) Pellaeon - Terrence Stamp Mara - a tough one, as she is one of my favorite "new" characters...it would need to be someone with depth, strength and intensity - maybe like Angelina Jolie? Or perhaps Heather Graham? Talon Kardde - Jean Reno C'Baoth - Dennis Hopper (!) The list, of course, is still in process...

Bromine
Aug 17th, 1999, 09:42:00 PM
I have a feeling Julia Roberts will get the role...Let's hope and pray she doesn't! Connery as C'Baoth Voight as Pellaeon Who'd be Winter?

Qui John
Aug 19th, 1999, 05:43:03 PM
I shudder at the thought of Julia Roberts with a lightsaber... As for Winter, we'd need somebody with no pigment at all to their skin. I nominate Nicole Kidman (have you seen her Rolling Stone cover? Sheesh - try a little base makeup, Nic...)

Atreyu
Aug 19th, 1999, 08:58:58 PM
Someone once said that the girl who plays Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I can't believe I've forgotten her name) would make a good Mara ...

KingCujo
Aug 20th, 1999, 02:53:26 PM
Kevin Spacey as Thrawn!!!! Jeremy Irons is way too boring an actor, I want to fall down stairs when I watch him sometimes. KingCujo-Member of The Letterbox Council P.S. Sarah Michelle Gellar from 'Buffy" seems a bit young to play Mara Jade. Julia Roberts is way to cutsie. How about Ashley Judd or Charlize Theron, they both can have strong styles.

Jedi2016
Aug 20th, 1999, 03:34:58 PM
No, I think the perfect Mara Jade would be whats-her-name that played Ensign Ro, the Bajoran, on ST:TNG. She definitely had the attitude, and she's about the right age. As for Thrawn, Kevin Spacey is a good idea, but I think the voice should be one a little deeper, with just a hint of an accent in it. Unfortunately, I can't think of anyone off hand for it, but I'll repost when I come up with someone. I'm actually re-reading the Thrawn Trilogy right now, and it's always a deep, powerful voice that comes to mind with Thrawn. He's probably my favorite character in all the novels. I was a little miffed when they killed him.

Mirax H
Aug 20th, 1999, 05:35:57 PM
Connery as C'Boath, I like it. How about the girl from Mortal Combat the Series playing Mara. She could kick some butt.

searching4Callista
Aug 20th, 1999, 06:41:59 PM
<font color=#ffff00>She would! Does anybody know her name though?</font>

Bromine
Aug 22nd, 1999, 03:15:00 AM
We're forgetting that if this is live action, not animated, we'll need Luke, Han, Leia, Lando...

Atreyu
Aug 22nd, 1999, 05:57:17 AM
We could use the original actors, perhaps with a bit of computer editing they could still look reasonably young ...

DARTH VALEN
Aug 23rd, 1999, 05:19:00 PM
UHHH... KEVIN SPACEY AS THRAWN? REMEMBER THRAWN IS 1.80, GAUNT, COOOOOL AND HAS A DEEP VOICE. ALSO HIS FACE IS "LEAN". AS FOR MARA, YOU SHOULD GO SEE THE COVER OF VOTF.

searching4Callista
Aug 23rd, 1999, 06:54:54 PM
<font color=#ffff00>the cover of Vision of the future?</font>

Doc Milo
Aug 24th, 1999, 07:25:18 PM
She might be too young, but I think the actress who plays Willow on Buffy the Vampire Slayer (just based on how she portrayed "Vampire Willow" in two episodes) would make a great Mara. I think her name is Alyson something.

searching4Callista
Aug 24th, 1999, 10:05:08 PM
<font color=#ffff00>Willow. Now there's another ideal woman. (Forget the whole vampire Willow thing) Where do you "find another woman like that?" But I'm rambling again... </font>

Qui John
Aug 25th, 1999, 02:16:30 PM
Yeah...the cover has a picture of what the artist believes Mara would look like. Very interesting interpretation. She doesn't really look like any known actress, but I think it's a valid vision of what how she would appear.

Redemption
Sep 1st, 1999, 11:23:57 PM
i htink Kris Kristopherson(?) would make a good pelleaon..although i alwasy pictured him as being a little pudgy...kevin spacey is a good pick for thrawn