PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya wanna see?

Qui John
Aug 19th, 1999, 06:09:56 PM
I think that we've all probably had ideas or stories that we'd like to see evolved from the SW universe. So, I thought I start a thread to see that if you were GL for a day, what books or topics would you like to see written about? Personally, I'd love to see the backstory on Dagobah. It was somewhat alluded to in Visions of the Future (Zahn), but I giggle like a deranged little imp at the thought of the *entire* story. Anyone else?

searching4Callista
Aug 19th, 1999, 09:40:02 PM
<font color=#ffff00>Callista!!!</font>

Mirax H
Aug 20th, 1999, 05:24:24 PM
I'd like to know more about Mara's time with the Emperor. That would be quite dark and very cool. Also want more on Fett. Was disapointed with Hard Merchandise, didn't feel that it quite captured Fett. He never got even with some of those that betrayed him and almost seemed a bit soft.

Bromine
Aug 20th, 1999, 05:45:25 PM
The Twi'Lek homeworld! Now THERE'S a story that's been neglected far too long...

Redemption
Sep 1st, 1999, 11:36:59 PM
definately like to see degobah...or more insight to mara jade's past, and everything that happens after ROTJ....with her as a 1st person character

Mara Jades Father
Sep 6th, 1999, 01:34:12 AM
I would like to see a novel from the point of view of the droids. They were such great characters in the Trilogy. And now it seems like the only thing 3PO does is deliver messages and R2D2 is alway being hauled across some planet that it to rugged for him to travel.

Bromine
Sep 6th, 1999, 05:02:32 AM
Well, they did have that cartoon series... :) I know what you mean, though. I remember when R2 could slice into any Imperial mainframe in the galaxy. Now it's like he's just hauled along as a good-luck charm. BTW, I love that scene in TPM when you see R2 following Qui-gon to the stairs in Watto's shop, then the camera cuts away just before he has to climb them. Very creative storyboarding, GL! :)

Mirax H
Sep 6th, 1999, 03:19:28 PM
Well as much as I hate to say it, I think one of the main characters either needs to die or come very close to it, VERY close. It almost seems ridiculous all the situations they get into over and over and always make it out some how.

Bromine
Sep 7th, 1999, 01:54:27 AM
I hear you, Mira. Although, Star Trek novels are worse for that. At least most of the SW novels fit into a very specific timeframe, and events happen in them that changes the SW universe in some way. (Han+Leia's marriage, birth of their children, Jedi Academy founded, etc.)

Mirax H
Sep 7th, 1999, 03:04:09 AM
Yeah I'm glad they do keep some continuity