PDA

View Full Version : Specter of the Past

Hawker Sith
Oct 25th, 1999, 07:02:19 PM
Has anyone read this? Tell me what you thought without giving any of the story yet. Thank

Figrin D an
Oct 26th, 1999, 02:50:39 PM
I read both "Specter of the Past" and "Vision of the Future," and I though that both were excellent books. Zahn did a great job incorporating various aspects of the EU written about by other authors into his own story. That really made the story flow well. "Specter" is a lot of plot building and has a lot of branching, exploring different characters and sub-plots. "Vision" brings everything together, tying together all of the events set up in "Specter." The organization and plot structure of the two book series is incredible because everything that happens in both books ties together very neatly. If you liked Zahn's first "Thrawn" trilogy, you'll like these two books. I ranked them near the top of my EU list.

Mirax H
Oct 27th, 1999, 11:36:16 PM
I liked Spectre as well. Zahn does a nice job again. Reading Vision of the Future right now.

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 28th, 1999, 03:43:31 AM
Excellent book, Vision of the Future is better. Dont read any spoilers for Vision, but just read it

Poseidon11
Dec 29th, 1999, 12:02:16 PM
I have just finished reading both books. Timothy Zahn does a fantastic job. The second book just blew me away!