PDA

View Full Version : chewbacca is dead!!!

Darth William
Oct 17th, 1999, 05:27:40 PM
I just heard the awful news that in that in the newest star wars book 'vecto prime' our favorite wookie dies. Apparently three fourths of the way through the book chewie dies saving han and his family. I have not read the book so I don't know for a fact but i'm pretty sure it's true. My source has a quote by the author commenting on why he made the decision. And George Lucas has okayed. All I can say is son ofa bitch.

Atreyu
Oct 17th, 1999, 08:14:43 PM
It's true, and this thread belongs in the EU forum. I'm moving it there ...

Atreyu
Oct 17th, 1999, 08:23:59 PM
Anyway, I read a review of the book at theForce.net - the reviewers there reeckoned while the death of Chewie is a very sad moment it kind of fits in with it all. Als it proves that the trilogy characters aren't immortal. :)

Bromine
Oct 17th, 1999, 10:03:13 PM
AAUAUAUAUAAGH! Hasn't anyone heard of spoiler warnings in thread titles? I was looking forward to the surprise! AAUAUAUAAUAAUAUAUAUAUGH!! Sorry, I'm not mad or anything, just a little disappointed. :) Kind of wanted to read the novel without knowing about that. DOH! :)

Leia Solo
Oct 21st, 1999, 02:03:51 AM
WHAT?!?! they can't do that! they never mentioned anything of the sort to myself or han... but then again, he's still alive... somewhere.

knight wal
Oct 24th, 1999, 07:17:04 AM
Life Debt fulfilled.....When I read this it actually brought a tear to my eye. Chewy was one great character, The EU is not going to be the same with out him. A moment of silence for that old walking carpet. Farwell Chewy.....May You Now Be One With The Force...... Now I have to go buy VP and read it for myself.

the ibpn guy
Jan 29th, 2000, 11:31:50 AM
SHHHHH!!!!!!! (don't tell anyone yet, not every body has read the book!!) but don't worry, i have. i'll miss chewy, but it's good for the SW plot, just to show that nobody's invincible.

Bromine
Jan 29th, 2000, 10:16:18 PM
That's why I like the Star Wars EU, as opposed to, say, the Star Trek novels. In the Star Wars stories, stuff actually happens and forms one long timeline of events, not just a bunch of "episodes" that don't really affect each other.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jan 29th, 2000, 11:10:41 PM
it may be true for the novels, but in the movies they temporarily killed off spock, then knocked off kirk for real. i wonder who's next to go in star trek. it is safe to say that tons of characters will get killed in the next 2 star wars films!

buffjedi
Jan 30th, 2000, 12:03:54 AM
Like Arnold,HE'll BE BACK!

Marrak
Feb 26th, 2000, 06:00:53 AM
I mean.. when will the others "kick the bucket"? Not to be sadistic or harsh.. but at least they're getting "real". No one can live forever.. and Chewie was what... 200 years or more already.

I do agree how ever that Chewie sacrifcing himself for Han and his family was a "good way to die", and I think theres a few people that would agree it was very nobel...

The Ancient Enemy
Mar 6th, 2000, 01:45:23 AM
Yet one more reason in my book not to have kids!