PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up with Jedi Power Battles? Where the Sith??

Darth Dyzm
Apr 22nd, 2000, 12:29:23 AM
Why Jedi Power Battles? I think they Should have Sith Power Battles,
That would sell alot more, Pick from Darth Mual, Lord Vader, Exar Kun, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, Darth Bane,
and all the rest
Run around killing enemys, killing Jedi. Destroying.
That Would ROCK.

What Do U think?

RHJediKnight
Apr 23rd, 2000, 03:05:17 AM
Well...since Lucas basically rwrote the entire Sith history that was told in the comics, I doubt they'd do a Sith Power Battles game because in the new version of Sith history, there probably was never a Naga Sadow and Exar Kun probably never went to the Dark Side...

Besides, if you beat the game qith Qui-Gon, you can play as Darth Maul.

Bromine
Apr 23rd, 2000, 03:15:14 AM
How'd he re-write the history? You mean because of the "Only two" rule?

RHJediKnight
Apr 24th, 2000, 07:31:23 PM
No, in the new version, the Sith began like 2,000 years before TPM and was created by a rogue Jedi Knight. In the old version, the Sith were an ancient race encountered by exiled Jedi way before then, and blah blah blah...I don't remember the exact story, been a while since I read the comics.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2000, 01:09:00 AM
I just bought the game this weekend, so far it looks pretty good, though at time it becomes very hard. So far my favorite one in the game is Mace Windu whose moves are very cool anyone think that it is a bit forshadowing for his character especially with him being on the cover with Obi-Wan. I also read that if you beat with Qui-Gon you get Darth Maul, and if you beat the game with two other characters you get the Queen and Captain Panaka.

darth dude
Apr 25th, 2000, 08:05:42 AM
i doubt Lucas re-wrote the history of the sith, since he is the man, what he says goes, the other people that wrote about the sith in the EU stuff were wrong!

Jedieb
Apr 28th, 2000, 03:42:39 PM
I'm going to be playing the game with 1 character at a time. I'm starting with Obi-Wan and then I'll probably go with Mace or Qui-Gon. Probably Qui-Gon just so I can get a chance to play as Maul.

And Lucas can rewrite anything he wants. The Tales of the Jedi comics were some of the best Dark Horse made but everything in there can be changed whenever Lucas wants.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 29th, 2000, 03:47:56 PM
Has anybody beaten it yet? I'm still on level two that swamp creature is really hard. I am playing the game as Qui-Gon first, I really want to get to play Darth Maul that would be really cool. The game is a lot better that the Phantom Menace game and a lot harder, I beat that game in about two weeks this one will probably take me a month or more to beat.

RHJediKnight
Apr 30th, 2000, 05:53:05 PM
I'm still on level 5, Tatooine. I do great until I get to the part where you have to jump from rock pillar to rock pillar across this canyon, with those damn Tuskens and Sith floating droids shooting at you all the time. That's where I die the most.

Just wait till you get to Darth Maul, though, he attacks you fast, really fast.

Figrin D an
May 3rd, 2000, 01:54:39 AM
Quote by RHJediKnight:

"No, in the new version, the Sith began like 2,000 years before TPM and was created by a rogue Jedi Knight. In the old version, the Sith were an ancient race encountered by exiled Jedi way before then, and blah blah blah...I don't remember the exact story, been a while since I read the comics."

I'm not sure that a definative conflict exists here. From what I understand, the ancient Sith empire encountered by deep space explorers some 10,000 years before ANH was a seperate entity from the Sith group founded by Exar Kun, a Jedi who fell to the Dark Side. The ancient Sith weren't recognized as a civilization that excelled in use of the Force. They were powerful empire that, like may empires, fell because of internal power struggles and conflict with other political groups. The ancient Sith DID excell in maliciousness and brutality and would fully annihilate anyone that they defeated. It was their ritual and the symbolism of the name that attracted the attention of Exar Kun, and thus, the Sith were reborn as a group of Dark Jedi. These Dark Jedi fought amongst themselves until one remained. This Sith took the name of Darth Bane, and would institute the "One Master, One Apprentice" rule that would carry throught the next 2 millenia and (one presumes) end with the deaths of Palpatine and Vader.

Don't quote me on everything I have said here, because I don't have the info in front of me. However, I think that a major conflict might not really exist.

Another thing to consider is that while we, the fans, pine away over small details of the Star Wars universe, Lucas revises things and continually changes and updates little pieces of the puzzle to fit with better with both past info and what is yet to come. For example, the length of a Super Star Destroyer has been revised twice, I believe, to fit with information on other ships.
So, the moral of the story is, nothing is set in stone.

Bromine
May 3rd, 2000, 01:59:22 AM
Actually, I think you're right about the Sith history. I don't have the info in front of me, either, but if memory serves, that sounds right.

Doc Milo
May 4th, 2000, 01:17:38 AM
Well, Exar Kun would not be the rogue Jedi that formed the Sith described in the TPM novelization. That Jedi founded the Sith almost 2000 years before TPM.

Exar Kun according to the SW Encyclopedia (unless this was revised) was "Once the most powerful and dangerous of the Dark Lords of the Sith, he was responsible for the deaths of millions four millenia before the rise of the Empire."

So, at the very least, Lucas has eliminated the entire order of Sith that existed at the time of Exar Kun, as well as Exar Kun himself.

Jedi Master Carr
May 4th, 2000, 06:53:15 AM
You could argue that was the first rise of the dark jedi called the Sith and the second dark jedi that came along just decided to take the name of this group. I am sure there is probably another way to fit it, but I do not think you can say he eliminated those sith lords, because he said no where that the Sith had not been around before 2,000 years ago just that a Jedi turned to dark side called himself the Sith. Surely dark jedi were around before that one became one.

Bromine
May 5th, 2000, 10:23:18 PM
It seems that the Sith emerged many times over the millennia. One COULD argue that the novelisation referred to the last rise of the Sith.

Another argument could just be that the timeline has changed from four millennia down to two. That timeline in the Encyclopedia seems to be seriously messed up, from what I've heard.

Or maybe GL DID totally rewrite the Sith history; how the heck should we know?;)

Figrin D an
May 5th, 2000, 11:26:47 PM
The Star Wars Encyclopedia is a great resource for many things, but, to agree with Bromine, the timeline has some serious flaws and contradictions.

On a related note, there is a new book out, in the same "essentials guide" series as the "Guide to Weapons and Technology" and "Guide to Droids" called "The Essential Chronology" that is a timeline from "ancient times" up to the New Jedi Order series. I picked it up and looked at it the last time I was at Barnes & Noble, and it had some info that may provide some hints about what is to come in Episodes II and III.

Jedieb
May 6th, 2000, 11:48:09 PM
I didn't know the Chronology had come out yet, thanks Figrin. Does it give out a lot of details about EP2 & 3?