PDA

View Full Version : About GL not doing EP 7, 8 and 9

Aprentize
Apr 18th, 2000, 01:02:47 PM
I think its good that GL have desided not to make EP 7, 8 and 9 after he finished the prequel trilogy. It would probably ruin the EU. Maybe he would come up with a completely new storyline. But now we can have the EU still with us. Please, post comments or thoughts here!

Bromine
Apr 18th, 2000, 08:27:26 PM
Yeah, I think it would have just divided the storyline completely into "canon" and EU. Of course, he could always have done the movies based on, say, the Thrawn Trilogy, but I doubt it would work out.

Aprentize
Apr 19th, 2000, 03:00:28 PM
I don't think it could have worked either. Even though Lucas did a lot of work on the thrawn trilogy, the story is Zahn's. And when Lucas does something, he does it on his own. Besides, if he made EP7 with thrawn as base, he would brake the "SW movie rule", wich is that every trilogy is a bout one generation. There by, he could not make it about thrawns books, because if he did, it would be about the same generation as the original trilogy. I fhe was to make another trilogy, it would probably be about Jacen, Jaina, Anakin (Solo) and perhaps a future offspring of Luke. And that is, IF he desided to use the storyline of the EU. For all we know, he could make Luke and Mon Mothma a couple, and Han getting killed in the truce at bakura or something. Then, when Leia gets it together with AD Ackbar, and he dies, she has to race their human/calamari hybrid together with Winter. The hybrid and Watto, Luke's and Mon's child, move to Calamari, and live in exile for the rest of their days. :-)

RHJediKnight
Apr 20th, 2000, 02:35:58 AM
That was just...scary...

Bromine
Apr 20th, 2000, 02:41:34 AM
Someone get Del Rey on the line! We have a new novel!:)

RHJediKnight
Apr 20th, 2000, 06:42:04 PM
Hey, don't make fun of the Del Rey Star Wars books, they're better than the majority of the Bantam ones.

Aprentize
Apr 21st, 2000, 12:54:12 PM
Could you please tell wich books are published by what book company. Cuz here in the small country where I live, they are all published by the same.
Thank you

Jedieb
Apr 21st, 2000, 08:15:57 PM
I remember reading somewhere that the original plan was to have the last 3 movies centered around Luke and his struggle to rebuild the Jedi. In fact, the Emperor was still supposed to be alive and Luke was to confront him in the final movie. But Lucas decided to wrap everything up with Jedi.

I think the reason he's stated he won't be making the 3rd set is because the movies just take too much time. By the time he finishes EP3 he'll be in his 60s. That's nearly 10 years to get the 3 movies done. But who knows, we may see him suddenly change his mind in his 70s and we may just our last trilogy after all.
MTFBWY

Bromine
Apr 22nd, 2000, 02:47:01 AM
Yeah, and GL has said that there's a lot of other movies he wants to make besides Star Wars.

JediBoricua
May 7th, 2000, 05:38:03 PM
And lets not forget that the chosen one is Anakin/Vader and with ROTJ the balance is return.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 7th, 2000, 05:54:09 PM
i think that it's good that there will be no more movies. lucas has had these stories planned for years and there is no rush. if he did decide to go on, he'd have to come up with entirely new stories. besides, star wars just wouldn't be star wars without darth vader or anakin. and what about the character? they're all old and saggy now. and i wouldn't be all that interested in a star wars movie that didn't involve the original charaters. plus, if george decided to do a third trilogy, who's to say he (or a cast member) wouldn't croak in the process? (i know it's a terrible thing to say). i would almost boycott a star wars movie if Lucas wasn't involved.