PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars LucasArts video games

bronto
Sep 30th, 1999, 07:42:42 PM
I thought I'd start a topic where we could discuss the games and helpout anyone stuck on any of the levels. What's your favorite game?

Redemption
Sep 30th, 1999, 09:37:54 PM
tie fighter and jedi knight...both kick ass

Wolfe
Oct 1st, 1999, 05:04:24 AM
This kind of stuff is discussed on the Entertainment forum - but that's fine. :) Oh yeah - Jedi Knight's great. Looking forward to the new Obi-wan game too. :)

bronto
Oct 1st, 1999, 07:20:43 PM
Yeah, Obi-Wan should be great. That's coming out early 2000. I'm also looking forward to Force Commander which should be out before years end.

Ganymede
Oct 2nd, 1999, 12:02:30 AM
I'm looking forward to Force Commander, too (it should be out in November) Also the Call of the Force looks cool.

Redemption
Oct 2nd, 1999, 08:18:52 PM
yeah force commander is gonna kick some serious ass

Kiranna Organa
Oct 9th, 1999, 03:12:08 AM
I'm personally fond of Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. I recently passed level two. (I have almost played the whole game through because I have the cheats. But getting past level two was good...) I'm also looking forward to Force Commander. I want to get Rebellion and all the fighter simulation games too.

Eminy Xaviery
Oct 12th, 1999, 02:04:09 PM
<font color="lightblue"> I <cite>really</cite> like Jedi Knight, Reble Assault2, but Mystries of the Sith kicks a$$.</font>

Redemption
Oct 12th, 1999, 11:32:37 PM
hey, anyone know how to beat jerec on JK??? the stupid things keep moving and the screen goes white and i lose.....

Bromine
Oct 13th, 1999, 04:21:34 PM
There's switches in the wall of the little recess where the stones move out of..push 'em to make them stop moving. The only way I've found to make him stop running away is to run quickly and block his escape, then pummel him over and over....I'm not sure if that's the right way or not, but it works.

Yane
Nov 20th, 1999, 06:48:19 PM
I can't wait for Force Commander. I'm glad that they're tking the time to do a good job, but my brother and I have been waiting for it for over a year! I'm getting impatient! Well, I like X-Wing Alliance (YAH! XWA Rulz!), JK/MotS, and Rebellion. Tie Fighter is also an AWESOME game.

YODA 15
Dec 14th, 1999, 01:01:01 PM
I personally love JK, MOTS, and Dark Forces(yes the original). I usually like all the SW games. I also like Shadows of the Empire, but Rebel Assault 2, I could have gone without. STAR WARS FOREVER!!!

L2K
Jan 8th, 2000, 05:52:44 PM
Even though I have a computer, I more fond of the console based Star Wars games. I like Shadows Of The Empire overall...Pod Racer is great on the computer, but replay value and depth is quite lacking, but the best racing game there is..

Aragorn son of Arathorn
Feb 3rd, 2000, 05:43:56 PM
I love Jedi Knight, and Dark Forces. Best games ever, especially when you get around to editing them. I'm probably off to play some multiplayer soon, so I need to make this quick. Rebellion is also a great game, I don't see why so many peopel didn't like it. As for Shadows, I personally didn't like it, because it didn't follow the story line of the book. Even though it did have awesome gameplay and such, it bothers me when games are based off of books, and then don't follow the plot.

Bromine
Feb 5th, 2000, 09:13:46 AM
I really didn't like Rebellion for two basic reasons: 1) It should have been turn-based, IMO. One place where this is really apparent when you're attacking a planet. All you have to do is keep clicking "Bombard Planet" over and over until everything's destroyed. If it were turn-based, bambarding a planet could take several turns, and in the mean time, help can arrive. 2) The factories and refineries were a major pain. They become more of an inconvenience than anything once gameplay starts really getting underway. Of course, you can have them built automatically, but it's still a hassle. I really think they should tweak this game and re-release it.

Bonzo The Rogue
Feb 6th, 2000, 12:52:40 PM
Rebellion take on a whole new flavor if you get the rebed patch. I made a whole fleet of Death Stars and blew up all the planets except the one my HQ was on...GREAT FUN! also there's so much more you can do with it..it's just amazing, some people actually make new ships and characters and port them into the game...i'm telling you building a fleet of Eclipse class SDs is FUN FUN FUN! Now here's the bad part..i don't remember the URL..do a search for rebed and you should find it.

bronto
Apr 1st, 2000, 10:06:54 PM
Doesn't anyone have anything to post on "Force Commander"?

Gurney Halleck
Apr 10th, 2000, 06:42:55 AM
Yes! Force Commander! It's a great game, is very fun. It makes up for where Rebellion lacked in tactical combat. I'm not exactly sure where the bad reviews are coming from; most of the things they were complaining about didn't bother me... The one problem I have with it is that the 3D camera is annoying, and it would have been much easier to play through an overhead view (which also would have given us the game at least a year ago...). 3 demensions are just not the way to go in an RTS game.

I'd reccomend getting the game, if you like the genre (RTS or Star Wars, its pleasing to fans of both...), and your computer can run it. Don't be thrown off by the demo, either; LucasArts chose a bad level for it, and didn't give enough instruction about the in-game controls.

RHJediKnight
Apr 17th, 2000, 08:54:06 PM
Has anyone else gotten Jedi Power Battles? My cousin came over Saturday, and he brought it with him...aaaaaaaargh I want that game, we couldn't stop playing it!

Must...have...Jedi Power Battles...

Jedieb
Apr 21st, 2000, 08:19:47 PM
The game is starting to grow on me. I've been playing it by myself but it would definetly be more fun with another player helping me out. I've gotten to the second level and I'm stuck on the huge worm creature at the end. I'm pretty sure you can skip to the other levels but I want to take it level by level. I'll probably have to break down soon and buy the guide. :(

Darth Dyzm
Apr 22nd, 2000, 12:40:38 AM
At First I couldnt wait untill Force Commander, but then IGN gave out a review, IGN is really reliable so when it said the game looked like it was dumb, i believe them.
My Most Played Star Wars game is Rebellion.

And WHY THE HECK does it label me as a Jedi Knight????

darth morpheus
May 20th, 2000, 07:27:53 PM
your a jedi knight because you're a Global user....and the only games i play are JK/MOTS EP1-TPM and PodRacer