PDA

View Full Version : New book

Calhemia Cutta
May 27th, 2000, 10:41:50 AM
has NE1 heard about that new book that supposed to be coming out about Obi-Wan and Anakin's training together? It has Ewan and that Anakin kid (I 4got his name)

Jedieb
May 27th, 2000, 08:25:09 PM
I think you're referring to Rogue Planet. And the cover has a pic of Ewan and a composite of what Jake Lloyd might look like when he's around 12, which is Anakin's age in the book. I thought it was very good and it provides some interesting tidbits on the early careers of people like Tarkin.

RHJediKnight
May 28th, 2000, 12:32:09 AM
I finished Rogue Planet a few days ago. Wasn't a whole lot of action for the first 3/4 of the book, but it's still a good book because it focuses more on story and the relationships between Obi-Wan and Anakin, and Sienar and Tarkin. It also gives good insight on Zonama Sekot and the way things work there. I thought Greg Bear did an excellent job, and so far I've been impressed with all the big-time authors' (Terry Brooks, Greg Bear, R.A. Salvatore) ventures into the Star Wars universe.

bronto
May 28th, 2000, 04:03:48 PM
I just got the new Entertainment Weekly in the mail (Friends is on the cover), and Rogue Planet is listed at #4 on the best sellers list. It says that after two press runs, 193,000 copies have been sold.

Jedi Alpha
Jun 26th, 2000, 03:57:36 PM
I'm definately gonna have to read that book...