PDA

View Full Version : History of the Sith on the official site

Bromine
Jun 24th, 2000, 03:02:16 PM
"Ask the Jedi Council" at www.starwars.com has a question about the Sith. I thought it was interesting because someone mentioned a while back that it seemed GL rewrote the Sith history for TPM; specifically when the Sith originated.
I think it's cool how the official answer about the Sith history includes everything from the EU.

Atreyu
Jun 25th, 2000, 04:19:29 AM
It's pretty good that - I can still remember the wars at TheForce.Net between those who said that thanks to TPM all the Sith history in the EU was now rubbish and those who believed it could still fit in. Nice that we now have an answer. :)

Figrin D an
Jun 26th, 2000, 03:05:32 PM
Yes, very cool indeed that this issue has been settled. I always thought the the EU stuff would still fit, since whether it was "destroyed" or not by TPM was really just a matter of interpretation.

This also brings up the huge argument of "Is the EU considered canon?" This seems to confirm that at least the history of the Sith as laid out in the Dark Horse comics is official.

Bromine
Jun 27th, 2000, 03:32:52 AM
I consider EU to be canon relative to when it was published. For example, when that short story about the origins of Boba Fett came out it was the official story. Since then, GL has changed the universe and "over-wrote" that part. Stuff like that happens because the saga is always changing.
I think it's important to remember that once GL has something worked out, LFL makes sure the EU doesn't contradict it. LFL doesn't see something contradictory in a new EU story and say, "Run with it anyway, it doesn't matter because it's EU."