PDA

View Full Version : If you could have voted for it in the last book, who would

Mara Jades Father
Feb 12th, 2000, 08:24:12 PM
Here's the rules. This must be a fairly major character who originated from the movies. You cannot vote for EU originated characters. I would say that Wedge and Lando are as about as minor as you can get. So the list I see is (not limited to this because I may be leaving someone out) Luke Leia Han Chewie C-3PO R2-D2 Lando Wedge Movie people that are NOT acceptable to vote on because there would be no emotional impact to the reader. Crix Madine (I believe he is already dead in one of the books) Ackbar Mon Mothma an other minor characters

mez7
Feb 12th, 2000, 09:07:19 PM
id say that leias death would have the biggest impact on the EU universe, so she would be my pick, i think that that would have a greater impact, and lead to some interesting storylines in the future, Han being a single parent, maybe luke getting close to the darkside again, over the anger at loosing his sister,

Doc Milo
Feb 12th, 2000, 09:27:02 PM
Yeah, I'd choose Leia too. But I think I'd add a twist: Leia turns to the Dark Side, and Luke is forced to destroy her. :)

Bromine
Feb 12th, 2000, 10:28:01 PM
Yeah, I vote for Leia. I find her character rather boring now, anyways. She's had kids, become involved in politics, and has basically settled down. Not very interesting. Btw, you can't kill Wedge. He's there through everything to show that minor characters CAN survive!

buffjedi
Feb 13th, 2000, 01:56:48 AM
IM with DOC and BROMINE.SHES fine but rather boring.

Mara Jades Father
Feb 13th, 2000, 02:50:06 AM
Yes, I think Leia's death would have an emotional impact on the reader. I also believe Leia could be stronger if it was Han who died (along with all three children). Leia would be torn from her foundation in a difficult time when she is not yet taken on the ways of the Jedi. She could be on the brink of the Dark Side. She will find her way back and then take on the role of a strong female character once again. Making use of the Falcon and all the smuggler knowledge she learned from Han. The children are like having 3 Wesley Crushers running around. I believe the real important offspring will be that of Luke and Mara

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 14th, 2000, 09:07:34 PM
Lando - though the arguments for Leia are persusive and the thing with Leia truning to the Dark Side.... that would be an excellent plot

Jedieb
Feb 14th, 2000, 11:32:04 PM
I can't believe so many of you would kill off Leia!! I'd bump off Lando over her in a heart beat. Wedge isn't even worth killin'. ;) And do we really need 3 kids? Just kill off one of the boys and give us a brother and sister to work with. I'd kill Jacen. He's just plain whiny now. I'm glad he got his butt kicked in Onslaught. Serves him right. And why not eradicate 3-PO? You can't touch R-2, but what usefull prupose does 3-PO serve? Wipe his memory and be done with him. And let's kill Kyp Durron as well. He's got it coming to him. Let me get this straight, he kills billions in a dark side fit, but he never serves any time because he's a Jedi, and Jedi are too good for prison. WHAT?!?! I'll do a jig when they knock him off. And... oh, we were just suppose to name one classic character right? Nevermind.;)

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 15th, 2000, 01:19:14 AM
CALLISTA!!!!!! MUST KILL CALLISTA!!! Oh wait, not one of the "classical" charaters... Geez, if you included EU, you'ld have soooo many you would want to can straight away

Bromine
Feb 15th, 2000, 05:10:26 AM
You're right about Kyp; what a freakin' psychopath! I don't think Lando would be good to kill off. He isn't really an integral part of the main EU; he just sort of pops in now and then and helps out. I don't want to see 3PO die, either, but I'd like to see him perhaps captured by some other group and live out the rest of his days in some government office as a protocol droid, instead of always being dragged along on adventures. That would sort of be his dream come true, I guess.

Marrak
Feb 27th, 2000, 12:19:06 PM
I know you're all gonna hate me.. but I personally look forward to seeing Luke die.. THAT would be a rather big upset in the SW galaxy.

But yes.. the "bias" reason I have is b'coz I was rather annoyed at seeing him STILL moping around after Ben's death when I was reading Heir To The Empire.. I mean.. he died what.. in the original movie.. he didn't REAALLLY talk to him much then.. why be so upset about it for 5 years? =OP

It just kinda.. dug a knife in me. Sure, he became interesting and all that when he turned to the Dark Side... but yeah just think if Luke went, there'd be alot of people kinda upset.. and wondering.. "Now what?"

I dunno.. maybe they chose the right character to kill off? Or perhaps they should have killed off a couple more before now? *shrug* =O)

Gurney Halleck
Mar 15th, 2000, 09:05:09 AM
Yes, I would kill Luke as well. Luke or Leia, because this would greatly disturb the flow of EU, emotionally impact the readers the most, and, IMHO, they've had their turn. It's time for them to hand their power on to another, and dissappear into the background.

I would vote for killing Lando, but that wouldn't affect the EU novels very much, nor would it the readers.

Jedieb
Mar 21st, 2000, 07:30:49 PM
If they killed Luke I'd stop reading them! Heck, I'd burn the book that did it! >(

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 22nd, 2000, 04:14:17 AM
Barbara Hamly already did a good job of a character assasination on Luke in her damned books. I'd have preferred to see Luke die, than to suffer the crap she wrote about. GRR!!!!

Combustible Insect
Apr 4th, 2000, 09:54:49 AM
Threepio. He must be terminated. Frickin' droid isn't even really needed.

Starkiller610
May 12th, 2000, 01:28:31 PM
I would say kill off Lando, just because I don't like him along with 3PO and Leia. They could've died as a result of a mission gone bad or maybe just on their way to somewhere. I think it would cause Han to go on a killing spree with both his wife and one of his best friends now gone. Well not exactly a killing spree, but he would be pretty upset. Especially now since he just lost Chewie. It would also affect Luke as well as Leia's children. I think one of her kids should turn to the Darkside because of it and then wait until the right time to reveal himself. He, or she, depending on which of the kids turns, could also raise a small army of Dark Jedi for Luke, Han, Mara, and whoever else to fight off. That would cause more problems because someone would have to end up killing the kid. Maybe Han, but not likely since he would get his @$$ kicked by any single Jedi. I don't know. There's a thousand different ways you could go from there. Anyone else have any other ideas, or ideas about this post? Oh yeah I almost forgot about that poor bastard C-3PO. No one would care cause he's just a droid. Maybe R2 would care a little, but he'd forget about it the next day. That's just my $0.02

Darth Dyzm
May 14th, 2000, 01:55:13 AM
Kill Lando, He Kamakazies into a warmachine controller of the Yuuzhan Vong, going in a blaze of glory

Demetrius Vorak
Jul 19th, 2000, 02:19:39 AM
Yeah, A good way for him to go out.. If you gotta go, go with a smile.. I always say.

DV

GuardPiett
Jul 20th, 2000, 03:03:41 PM
Well, had we counted TPM, I'd say jar jar so fast . . . i think a cool scene would be him drowning >D