PDA

View Full Version : The New Jedi Order: the sith, possible spoilers

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2000, 01:25:03 AM
After reading Agent of Chaos, I was intreguied by the mentioning of the Sith by the Vong. One of the Vong priest Harrar who after learning that the Sith destroyed the Jedi once before, mentions the need to seek them out as an ally. I thought it was intersting the Sith was mentioned and believe that this is a forshadowing of things to come. I believe in the couse of this series a new Dark Jedi will arise not sure if he will be a Sith or not, but maybe. I see two possibilities either one of the current Jedi's turns to the the dark side or there is a sith in the shadows. I recently began wondering if when the Emperor returned did he train an appraintce at any point, it would make since if we believe Yoda's statment always two there are no more, no less. So the Cloned Emperor would have seeked out a new disciple. I remember when he first reappeaered he tried to make Luke his new apprentice, but since that failed when he came back later he may have trained someone else.

Nom Anor YV
Aug 7th, 2000, 10:25:03 AM
Carr,
I myself was quite intrigued to see the mention of the Sith in the new book. I thought it might lead to a turning of one of Luke's students to the Dark Side maybe. I know Kyp Durron and his little faction is awfully impatient to go out and try to face the Yuuzhan Vong on their own. We all know that Kyp has danced the dark dance before also. Though I highly doubt that he would turn against Luke and the New Republic.
Maybe, just maybe, there might be something else coming from the Unknown Regions where the Chiss have repeatedly spoke of fighting an enemy of untold power (see Ruin and the SPectre of the Past/Vision of the Future). The reason I dont think that the menace the Chiss have been facing in the Unknown Region is the Vong is because in Ruin, Jag Fel talks of that menace, but he never compares or links the Vong to being that same menace.
Also, perhaps, since the Vong are highly spiritual and believe in the higher power, maybe they will try to locate Korriban and try to raise one of the spirits of the Sith?
Who knows, but I think the next book will be just as good. It has to be with a title "Jedi Eclipse". That just doesnt sound good, either way you look at it. Does is symbolize an eclipse over the Jedi, meaning the Vong have defeated a healthy number of them, or does it mean the Jedi are taking the fight to the Vong and they are eclipsing the Vong invasion????