PDA

View Full Version : Jedi New Order- Agents of Chaos

Jedieb
Jul 31st, 2000, 11:01:52 PM
This next book in the New Jedi Order series is coming out tomorrow. This one focuses on Han and his stuggle to cope with Chewie's death. I think he may go after some of the Vong on his own. He'll be the first non-Jedi to try to go head to head against the Vong and it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2000, 12:54:20 AM
I will probably pick it up later this week, I kind of intrigued by the story.

Atreyu
Aug 1st, 2000, 01:00:54 AM
Who wrote it?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 1st, 2000, 01:24:24 AM
James Luceno, I think he has written a few star wars novels cannot think of which ones off hand, though.

Nom Anor YV
Aug 1st, 2000, 08:21:53 AM
Anyone interested in it, though the book is already out now. Check out the paperback version of Vector Prime. At the end is an exceprt from Heroes Trials.
Does not look too good for the New Republic. I dont want to give away too much, but the Vong have kicked some serious butt, and are closer to Coruscant.
I also think you are right about Han maybe flying off to avenge Chewie. It will be most interesting to see.

Jedieb
Aug 1st, 2000, 12:08:25 PM
So I take it that you're a bit of a Vong fan Nom? I think they're worthy adversaries. I just wish Luke & Mara would catch on to the cause behind her illness. It seems kind of obvious to me.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 7th, 2000, 01:13:35 AM
I just got done reading and I thought it was excellent, personally better than Onslaught or Ruin only because it dealt with Han Solo in much more depth, I enjoyed the growth of his character, I also like the supporting cast of characters include Dromas who is a Ryn. Overall I would give 4 stars, I cannot wait for the next one.

Nom Anor YV
Aug 7th, 2000, 10:49:55 AM
Yeah,
I am a little bit of a Yuuzhan Vong fan. I think they bring a real fresh villian and a hellof a threat to the New Republic.
I finished the book on Thursday last week, and I thought it was an incredibly fast read. The character developement was good, but I did not like the way they let Roa get snagged so easily. It was good to see Han back to his old self, but I think they might be pushing that image too hard. He is after all, much older, a father of three, and a husband. He can only get away with that irresponsible image so long, and make it believable.
I like adding Droma to the story, and the potential new partner for Han. I was sort of disappointed with who Boss B turned out to be. I was almost thinking we might see Boba Fett as Boss B, and since the teaser on the back of the book and the Del Rey website says that Han will have a new partner that is unexpected, or something like that, I almost thought we might see Fett and Solo join forces. After all, Fett always looks out for number one, himself. Maybe we can see an appearance from his later. Heck, we already saw Bossk give a cameo.
I was also impressed the way the author laid back off the Jedi for this book. I know the Jedi are a hearty part of the Star Wars storyline, but the past three books have been so heavy on the Jedi, it was refreshing to see the effects of the Yuuzhan Vong on someone else for once.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2000, 04:59:52 AM
I am sure Fett will make an apperance soon maybe even in the next book since it deals with the Hutts Maybe Fett will join the fight against the Vong that would be interesting to see Fett fighting with his old enemies. Yeah and I did like the Bossk cameo, it was one of favorite scenes in the book, mainly because of how Han reacted to his comments about Chewie and then taking him and his friends. Overall, I thought it was a very good book.

Nivek Felth
Aug 8th, 2000, 05:21:13 PM
..Alright Nom, you conviced me that I should give this series a try. Of course, anything dealing with Boba Fett strikes my interest. If Boba Fett even has a chance of making an entrance here, then I will definately give it a try. I am also a big bounty hunters fan, and for Bossk to show up is a definate plus. Although, I would find it hard to believe Fett and Solo to join up. I've read every little piece of literature on Boba Fett that one could find, and I seriously doubt that they would ever work together. Solo hates Fett, with every ounce of his being. But...I must say..if it were to happen..that would be quite a twist....

Nom Anor YV
Aug 9th, 2000, 09:19:59 AM
I admit it is a bit of a stretch for Han Solo and Boba Fett to work together. I have read the BOunty Hunter Wars, Tales of the Bounty hunters and just about every graphic novel or comic book written about Fett and I agree, he and han Solo just do not mix.
The only way I see it working out is possibly a story of Fett organizing his own group to face the Vong since the need for bounty hunters will drop sharply with the Vong invasion. Or maybe a tentative contract where the New Republic, in a desparation move might hire the best bounty hunter in the galaxy to try to assasinate Nom Anor and his propaganda campaign?
Just think, they want a total of over thirty books, so I am sure that Boba Fett will make an appearance sometime over the next five years.

Jedieb
Aug 9th, 2000, 09:02:06 PM
Sorry it's taken me so long to put my 2 cents in. I agree that the book was a very fast read. I finished it in a couple of days and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice change of pace to have Han and not the Jedi dominate the story. And I was really glad that things have taken a turn for the better with Luke and Mara. But is it permanent, or has the Vong disease simply been fought back into remission?

I really didn't pick up on any possible Fett involvement while I was reading it, but now that I think about it I think I know where Fett may have made an appearance. Remember when that informant tipped off the Peace Brigade about the location of the Vong traitors? The informant was disguised as a Talbon(guessing I'm not sure). I really think that may have been Fett himself. I just can't figure out what his angle could have been.

Overall, I really liked this book and I look forward the the sequel where we'll get to see Han back where he belongs; At the helm of the Falcon!

Nom Anor YV
Aug 10th, 2000, 08:41:42 AM
Jedieb,
The place where I most expected Fett to show up was on Ord mantell as Boss B. I thought the "B" in the name was too much of a hint towards Boba Fett for it NOT to be him. Plus, since Ord mantell is such a place lacking authority, I figured to see Fett settling down somewhat as a crime boss, but as someone who is still hands-on. Meaning if a job is needed to be done, then he will do it.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 10th, 2000, 11:22:24 PM
I don't think that the talon was Fett, unless he was working for someone else, I do not see why he would be involved. I am not sure who the Talon is though, I see two possibilites, he is one of the members of the advisorary council perhaps even borsk Fey'lya, I don't like this man he seems to be out to destroy the Jedi and Leia, but it could be any of them, or maybe he is a Sith/Dark Jedi, I would love it if that was it, I really want to see a Sith or Dark Jedi in these books I think that would make the story even more interesting.

Jedieb
Aug 12th, 2000, 08:11:30 PM
I hope they reveal the identity of the Talon in the next novel. Like you said, whoever it is, is out to destroy both the Jedi and the Rebublic. I just don't see how any of them could be stupid enough to think the Vong are going grant them any kind of special status because of their traitorous actions. They'll learn the hard way though.

Sith Alpha
Aug 12th, 2000, 08:41:17 PM
I'm gonna have to pick that book up next time I'm in Alberquerque(SP).