PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know or remember....

Doc Milo
Sep 9th, 2000, 04:03:34 AM
It's been a while since I read the Timothy Zahn books, "Heir to the Empire", "Dark Force Rising", "The Last Command" and "Specter of the Past", "Vision of the Future"

Can anyone tell me if when Zahn mentioned Yoda fighting a Dark Jedi on Dagobah (whose death explains the dark side presence in the cave) did he make mention that Yoda "captured the Dark Jedi's spirit in a jar"???

I've been discussing this on another board. I don't remember anything about Yoda trapping a spirit in a jar (and it sounds kind of hoky to me -- doesn't have the SW feel to it, IMO.) I just want to know if anyone here has heard about this "jar" thing.

The only thing I remember about the Yoda and the cave from those books is that Yoda battled and killed a Dark Jedi on Dagobah and that the death of this dark jedi left a residue of the dark side on the cave, and that Yoda was able to settle on Dagobah because the dark side residue helped hide him... (but a spirit in a jar??? Does anyone remember this?)

Kat Kariena
Sep 9th, 2000, 06:43:25 AM
Who got the 'spirit in a jar' thing from where? Zahn's books dosen't mention anything about Yoda capturing the Dark Jedi spirit in a jar. Like you said; Yoda killed the Dark Jedi and hence the evil cave. but that's about it.

Doc Milo
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:13:20 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought.

The "spirit in a jar" thing sounds to me like someone was playing the N64 Zelda game and thought that might be cool for Star Wars. :)

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the one losing my mind. :)

Bromine
Sep 9th, 2000, 07:58:02 PM
That's right after Yoda collected seven purple crystals and got his health increased by one heart, right?;)

Kat Kariena
Sep 10th, 2000, 06:44:39 PM
:lol: no you haven't lost your mind. I have most of the SW books and read them almost non stop.

jediscout
Sep 21st, 2000, 10:57:29 PM
However, I too recall hearing something about Yoda defeating a Dark Jedi, and it involved that tree/cave that Luke went into. One of the reasons Yoda stayed on Dagobah was to ward against this dark force. I assume the other was to survive the Jedi purge.
The tree/cave still had sith or dark Jedi resonance, which was part of why it was so spooky to Luke. I wish I could remember where I heard/read this.

Bromine
Sep 22nd, 2000, 05:58:55 PM
You read it in "Heir to the Empire".:)