PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on New Jedi Order

Jedi McDonough
Aug 17th, 2000, 03:18:40 PM
I was wandering if anyone else had an opinion on the New Jedi Order series. I personally think they are excellent, how aboot you.

RHJediKnight
Aug 17th, 2000, 05:15:27 PM
I think The New Jedi Order is great, too. A really refreshing look into the Star Wars universe. The authors are great, the plot is great, the characters are great, the action is great, and the enemies are great too. I'm so glad they decided to bring in the Yuuzhan Vong, I was getting tired of the same old villains.... The first four books were awesome, let's keep it going people....

Jedi McDonough
Aug 18th, 2000, 11:41:54 AM
The only problem that i have, wich now that i think of it, it's a big problem, is that the characters who by now have to be in there erlie fourties, and han maybe fifty, don't seem to be aging. They mantion them being older, but they still have the same spunk and charisma. I think they should introduce some younger characters (Jacen Jaina Anikan) and expand on them, while at the same time slowly push out the origanals into obsoleteness.

Nom Anor YV
Aug 18th, 2000, 01:40:45 PM
While I agree with you on the bringing in and developing the newer characters more, I have to disagree on the fact that the old mainstays are acting like they have not aged.
A perfect example would be Luke Skywalker in Onslaught and Ruin. In both books, Luke showed a great deal of fatigue after employing a great deal of energy focussed on the force.
I think in Heroes Trials that han was well-written with his age, but I also shrugged off most of the things he did as being driven by his rage for the Yuuzhan Vong and the disgust he had when he found out that people in the New Republic were actually helping the Yuuzhan Vong on their own free will. I think Han will come off this adrenaline rush and soon he will be feeling the effects of his actions.

Lukes Roommate
Nov 30th, 2000, 11:33:25 AM
I think that the writing is great, I even like the way they portray the main characters as aged. HOWEVER, the situations regarding the Vong are ridiculous. I am all for a deadly new threat, pushing and even defeating the New Republic, yet the Vong always have some "wonder weapon" for anything the Jedi or New Republic throw at them. I mean a snake staff that can stop a lightsaber? Crab armour that does the same thing? GIVE ME A BREAK! I was tolerant at first but I am getting sick of it. Plus they have blateantly ripped off Starship Troopers with regards to the Yamossk. I really don't like where they are going with the Jedi. Fine use the Force only in defence, but when they do nothing at all? And would somebody please backhand Jacen? He is such a little whiner, he really does not deserve to be a Jedi, much less one of the main characters, Anakin however is great. I appologize for the rant, I just needed to get a few things off my chest regarding my favourite passtime...Star Wars!

Hart Kenobi
Nov 30th, 2000, 11:52:24 PM
my sentiments exactly.