PDA

View Full Version : Cloak of Deception

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 11th, 2001, 12:43:21 AM
I just recently finished this novel and quite enjoyed. I really enjoyed seeing how Sidious/Palpatine manipulated everyone from the beginning especially how he was able to make Valorum tax the Trade Federation and then why they blockaded Naboo. I also like seeing my favorite Jedi Qui-Gon in action again. Another interesting thing about the book was all the cameos from Tarkin to the original Jorus C'Boath from Heir to the Empire. The best thing about the novel is how Luceno explores the backstory of TPM giving us reasons for everthing we see later plus we get more into the political world seeing stuff that I wanted to know after I first saw the movie. Overall its a great book and so far the best of the prequal novels.

Jedieb
Jun 13th, 2001, 08:50:16 PM
I agree with you JMC, this was one of the better prequel EU novels. I would think that TPM fans who have shied away from EU novels would really enjoy this novel. There's so much backstory. The novel takes you right to TPM's doorstep. There's more manipulating than straight out action, but I kind of enjoyed that. Having most of the action focus around Qui-Gon was a nice treat.

I read at TFN that this will hitting paperback soon. I guess it's not selling that well, but I enjoyed it regardless.

Hart3584
Jun 20th, 2001, 11:31:32 PM
I'll have to wait for paperback. I hate buying books in hardcover.