PDA

View Full Version : Holland is kicking some serious Olympic ass!

Dutchy
Sep 20th, 2000, 10:41:30 AM
We are doing SO great at the Olympics! We got 5 GOLD medals already!

1. Inge de Bruijn for the 200m Butterfly Swimming
2. Pieter van de Hoogenband for the 200m Freestyle Swimming (beating Australian wonderboy Thorpe!)
3. Leontien Zijlaard-Van Moorsel for the women's individual pursuit Cycling
4. Pieter van de Hoogenband for the 100m Freestyle Swimming (2nd gold for him!)
5. Mark Huizinga for the 90kg Judo

YAY! Holland RULES!

More gold to come... :)

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2000, 01:33:41 PM
Pah! Great Britain will kill ya! We da klay Pidgeon Mastas!

Also, that African swimmer that took 2 minutes for 100m for GOld!

Dutchy
Sep 20th, 2000, 01:52:12 PM
You're gonna kick us with those TWO gold medals you mean? :P

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2000, 02:11:07 PM
Just wait thill the Athletics my friend, just wait. Then you wil get whupped! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 20th, 2000, 02:26:25 PM
It matters little the US will get the most medals easily, we win every year just about. This is how I see It Us is first followed by Australia then probably Germany and China with Russia fifth. Besides Australia the other four are the olympic powers when it comes to medels, Australia is just doing well becaus it is on their home turf.

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2000, 02:33:13 PM
Dont really count the US or China anymore. They get tons of medals, because of size. Wish they would go back to old style Basketball too, when it was fair

Dutchy
Sep 20th, 2000, 06:12:12 PM
Yeah, USA will get the most medals prolly, but the USA has 16 times as many people as Holland and is 200 times as big, so right now our 5 gold medals are WAY more impressive than America's 10. Admit it! :)

DvdJervs
Sep 21st, 2000, 03:20:36 AM
Australia is just doing well becaus it is on their home turf.
While perhaps not getting as many medals as countries like the USA and Russia, Australia has been a fairly dominant force over the past 20 years or so. Consdering we only have a population of around 19 million people, I think we do pretty damn well compared to countries like the US which have like 10-15 times the population.

Whilst I don't deny the hometown advantage I still think Australia would be doing just as well regardless of where the Olympics were held this year. We've got one of the best Olympic tems ever fielded by our nation in recent years.

Oh yeah, the Dutch swimmer was cool - he even beat our Thorpedo who came 2nd, and broke the world record doing so. :)

jjwr
Sep 21st, 2000, 08:27:20 AM
Thorpedo...thats such a cool nickname :)

Hmmm...US Basketball....that could be a interesting discussion :)

Dutchy
Sep 21st, 2000, 01:47:12 PM
And what a SLOW thorpedo he is... :)

Today we won our 6th gold. Yeeee-haaaaw!

We keep kicking ass :)

Dutchy
Sep 21st, 2000, 01:49:31 PM
Oh, that 6th gold was won by Inge de Bruijn for the 100m Freestyle Swimming. Just in case you're wondering :)

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2000, 04:27:42 PM
our next SHOULD come on Saturday, fingers crossed for the record for Da man

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2000, 05:28:49 PM
Here is the medal count up to today
Gold Silver Bronze Total
United States 11 10 10 31
Australia 8 9 8 25
China 8 4 8 20
France 7 10 3 20
Russia 4 8 8 20
Italy 7 2 9 18
Germany 3 5 7 15
Korea 3 5 6 14
Netherlands 6 2 2 10
Romania 4 2 4 10
Britain 2 5 3 10
Ukraine 2 4 3 9
Japan 4 3 1 8
Bulgaria 3 2 1 6
Cuba 2 1 2 5
Slovakia 1 3 1 5
Switzerland 1 3 1 5
Belarus 0 1 4 5
Hungary 2 1 1 4
Sweden 2 1 1 4
Czech Republic 1 0 3 4
Indonesia 1 1 2 4
Spain 2 0 1 3
Canada 1 1 1 3
Belgium 0 1 2 3
Brazil 0 2 1 3
Turkey 2 0 0 2
Poland 1 1 0 2
Costa Rica 0 0 2 2
Chinese Taipei 0 1 1 2
Greece 0 1 1 2
North Korea 0 1 1 2
South Africa 0 1 1 2
Azerbaijan 1 0 0 1
Colombia 1 0 0 1
Croatia 1 0 0 1
Lithuania 1 0 0 1
Mexico 1 0 0 1
Estonia 0 0 1 1
Georgia 0 0 1 1
India 0 0 1 1
Kuwait 0 0 1 1
Kyrgyzstan 0 0 1 1
Latvia 0 0 1 1
Portugal 0 0 1 1
Thailand 0 0 1 1
Denmark 0 1 0 1
Nigeria 0 1 0 1
Uruguay 0 1 0 1
Yugoslavia 0 1 0 1

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2000, 05:37:58 PM
It is not just the size of the US realze either sure we have more people, but India has a large population and they have one medal. The reason we dominate is two reasons: first part of it goes back to the cold war when us and the Soviet were duking it out we put it a lot effort to winning the games to show off our superiority. Second is the allowing of professional athletes, the US has the best professional athletes in the world so when they allowed them into the olympics 12 years ago, it gave us a much larger advantage especially in Basketball a sport we were being killed in. Also I think are athletes have the best training facilities in the world which gives us a huge advantage over every one else. I am not trying to degrading any other country, I think it is great that Australia and Holland are doing so well, it makes for interesting stories. I am also surprised how well France is doing, who I would not consider an olympic power and also how Germany is so far not doing so well. The last two olympics Germany finished second in total medals and in gold medals. We still have a week so this easily could change when the Track and field events start heating up.

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2000, 05:50:24 PM
especially in Basketball a sport we were being killed in

I thought you only lost three games.

I really hate that ruling. I really do. It is one of only a few things I dislike about America.

That
The more or less destruction of Concorde
Calling Hamburgers Hamburgers
Calling American Football Football
Death Penalty
Leonardo DiCaprio

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2000, 06:10:25 PM
I think in 84 we only won the bronze and in one Olympics we did even take home a medal in basketball. Who made the ruling? I thought it was IOC. To be fair every country sends their professionals so why shouldn't we?

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2000, 06:49:57 PM
yeah, but it WAS even to an extent. Now, there is no point in it. Just give 'em the medal

And it was sort of the US's fault, because they made a big thing of it

Bromine
Sep 21st, 2000, 06:57:09 PM
The thing I don't like about professional athletes competing in the Olympics is that you can have guys who are paid millions of dollars to play and refine their skills all year 'round with the best equipment available competing against guys who have to hold down day-jobs and scramble for time to practice. I really don't know if any country's basketball team actually works in those conditions, but many athletes at the Olympics do.When you get into sports that require special equipment, like hockey and basketball, as opposed to sprinting or judo for example, professionals have a clear advantage.

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2000, 06:58:50 PM
Oh yeah, another thing about the Olympics

WTF is with them sprinter suits???? They look like real idiots!

jjwr
Sep 21st, 2000, 08:17:29 PM
I think they should do a number of sports with just amateurs. I know for a while the US was sending college kids to play in Basketball but now that the 'Dream Team XX' is out there its pretty much a cake walk. So say the US takes back the Pro's...every other country should to, a lot of other teams have players in the NBA, its just there are a lot more from the US. Or say, 21 or under only...now those would be some fun games to watch.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 21st, 2000, 08:37:25 PM
The Dream Team did struggle today they only won by 9 points against Lithuiania so maybe the other countries are starting to catch up.

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2000, 08:44:49 PM
You know what's scary about the Dream Team? Eventually they're bound to lose. We might not see it for 50 years, but eventually it'll happen. When it does it'll be one of the biggest upsets in the history of the Olympics.

The title of this thread got me to thinking about something. I think that's the first time I've ever read a sentence in which Holland is kicking ass in anything. ;)
(Sorry Dutchy, I couldn't resist.)

And how about Tommy Lasorda and the US baseball team? We usually get smoked in the Olympics, but we're undefeated so far. Even the Cubans have lost a game. I'd really like to see us pull out the gold there.

DvdJervs
Sep 21st, 2000, 10:18:30 PM
Haven't they stopped using the name Dream Team, since they think if they lose it would give the name bad luck (or some other reason)? Last I heard the basketball team was just called Team USA.

Dutchy
Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:22:16 AM
The title of this thread got me to thinking about something. I think that's the first time I've ever read a sentence in which Holland is kicking ass in anything. ;)
(Sorry Dutchy, I couldn't resist.)

heheheh, no prob Jedieb, just shows what Americans know about what's happening outside their country :)

Holland is kicking ass in soccer, speedskating and cycling for instance, hence you've never read about it, coz Americans couldn't care less about those sports :)

jjwr
Sep 22nd, 2000, 08:22:06 AM
Holland is kicking ass in soccer, speedskating and cycling for instance, hence you've never read about it, coz Americans couldn't care less about those sports

Speedskating!! How the heck did I miss this, I've gotta take the day off and find it on TV....hehehe..sorry :)

The thing with the USA team is they may lose eventually, and depending on which players they keep putting on the court I'm sure they will. I know the team we've got in Syndey this year definelty isn't the best the NBA has to offer....now this would be a dream Team.

Center: Shaq O'Neal
Forward: Tim Duncan
Forward: Kevin Garnett
Guard: Vince Carter
Guard: Gary Payton

Those last three are on the team, but if they got the two big men in there they wouldn't even come close to losing, I think they're only letting each player play once on the olympics so they choose a whole new team each time.

Is the US baseball a Amateur team? If so thats cool that they're doing well.

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2000, 08:27:14 AM
Hey I'm happy for Dutchy. I hope Holland wins several more medals. You're right, I could care less about those sports, but I do like watching a couple of them during the Olympics though. But not soccer, oh god do I hate soccer!

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 01:42:54 PM
Holland is kicking ass in soccer

Has Stams penalty landed yet? :)

Oh, and Jedieb, it is FOOTBALL! Not soccer!

jjwr
Sep 22nd, 2000, 02:09:13 PM
Soccer :)

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:33:40 PM
No I believe it's soccer. The Cowboys play football. If you can call the crap they're going to put on the field this year football. Thank heavan for the Bucs! ;)

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 04:55:46 PM
No, thats egg chasing. We called our game football first, you stole it. We should have sued!

Bromine
Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:20:07 PM
How the heck can you call a game football when you hardly touch the ball with your feet?;)

"American football" is just sort of a wimpy form of rugby, isn't it?

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:38:41 PM
yeah!

Where you from BTW Bromine?

Bromine
Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:54:50 PM
Canada. We do have pro American-style football here, but in high school have rugby teams instead.

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:01:21 PM
I'm not a huge Rugby fan, but I repect people who run into each other, getting there heads kicked in and NOT wearing padding while doing it! That makes a hard person

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:10:49 PM
20mins!

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 07:40:15 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2000, 08:10:41 PM
I've got a lot of respect for Rugby players. That sport looks like it takes guts to play. Another brutal sport is hockey. I'm sure Bromine can attest to that. I don't know what it is about hockey (I played the warm weather variant, street hockey), but every other game somebody would get hit with a stick and a fight would break out. And I've never played on skates. I can only imagine how badly I'd want to kick someone's ass after being checked into the boards.

And if you want the name "football" back, you come on over and ask Jevon Kearse, Bruce Smith, and some of the other boys if they'll let you have it. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to oblige soccer boys. What's the saddest sight on a football field? Watching a kicker trying to make a tackle. And where do kickers come from? College soccer teams. Damn soccer boys.... ;)
(Yes, I know your sport has merit, but many American males are genetically encoded at birth to detest soccer. We're funny that way. Please don't take offense.)

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2000, 08:18:51 PM
no probs, we are brought up to hate the way you call padded egg chasing Football :)

Dutchy
Sep 23rd, 2000, 04:16:16 AM
Yeah, soccer SUCKS ASS! I hate soccer. The World Cup is cool, but everything is just plain boring.

Oh, we won our SEVENTH GOld medal today. Inge de Bruijn won her 3rd Gold. She's the Queen of the Swimmingpool :)

ReaperFett
Sep 23rd, 2000, 08:43:10 AM
The Olympics is unimportant now. Redgrave became the greatest olympian ever, so I am happy

Jedieb
Sep 23rd, 2000, 07:44:04 PM
"padded egg chasing" LOL reaper, I'd never heard that before.

I was watching TV last night and learned that trampoline jumping is now an Olympic sport. What the f&*^? Rythmic gymnastics is bad enough, but gymnasts jumping on a trampoline? If I want to see woman jumping on trampolines I'll watch The Man Show. They should just take that and the other useless "sports" like synchronized swimming and give them their Olympics. The Useless Olympics! They could have in the fall every four odd numbered-years.

DvdJervs
Sep 23rd, 2000, 09:41:10 PM
Well Australia has just won a medal (silver in fact) in tramplining, so I'm not going to start complaining :) , but I agree the number of 'useless' sports (read: sports with a very limited range) ought to be toned down. Already the IOC has announced that they intend to scrap 20 sports in the near future, with possibly more to follow. Really there's just too many now.

Bromine
Sep 24th, 2000, 02:45:50 AM
I'd scrap:
rythmic gymnastics (that's with the ball and the ribbon, right?)
trampoline jumping
synchronized swimming
diving (it takes each diver only three seconds, and I don't see any difference between any of the dives)
figureskating (Maybe keep the technical stuff, but I don't see how artistic style can be judged and ranked)
ballroom dancing (I heard it was being considered)
anything else that requires a panel of judges to give their personal opinon

Also, aren't some of the "summer" sports are really just year 'round sports: Judo, gymnastics, fencing, etc.? call them what they are!

ReaperFett
Sep 24th, 2000, 05:27:18 AM
Definately dont dump the swimming/skating/Judo/Ferncing, they are what the Olympics are all about. Not Athletics, the smaller sports, IMO, the big four bits are track/field, pool and rowing

Dutchy
Sep 30th, 2000, 07:20:28 AM
Woooohoooo! In one of the most exciting matches of the Games Holland won GOLD in field hockey for men. That's our 11th gold!! We beat Australia in a maybe even more exciting semi-final.

We won THREE gold medals today!!!!! Also one for the timetrial cycling for women and individual dressage equestrian.

The Games of Sydney are hands down are best ever Games. 11 gold, 8 silver and 4 bronze. The previous Gold record was 6 and the previous total medal count was 19 (1928 and 1996) and is now 23.

What an exciting and successful Games we've had!!!

Holland kicks ass! Admit it!!! :)

ReaperFett
Sep 30th, 2000, 08:36:26 AM
Our best ever since 1928. And we have won more medals than you, so :p

Mr Sleepless
Sep 30th, 2000, 08:22:53 PM
Master Carr--"in one Olympics we didnt even take home a medal in basketball. Who made the ruling? I thought it was IOC.""

America got the Silver the year you are referring to. They didnt acept it because they are sore losers when Russia Won.
And no Australia isnt doing well because of the "home turf" excuse, thats bull@#%$. I cant be bothered typing anymore to fix up the foolish things you have proclaimed

Bromine
Sep 30th, 2000, 09:12:51 PM
I think Australia has always been a strong presence in the Olympics, hasn't it?

Speaking of the Olympics, Don Cherry made an interesting comment today about poor Canadian performance due to lack of funding: "We're being beaten by countries we send care packages to."
Sounds funny, but it's completely true, believe it or not. I wonder how the funding levels compare?

ReaperFett
Sep 30th, 2000, 09:20:27 PM
That is almost as bad as the 'A man has to walk 15 miles a day for water. MOVE!' quote I heard last week

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 30th, 2000, 09:56:14 PM
I don't think I said anything foolish. I will take back the statement about Australia though if I see that they have consistently finished in the top 10. Still Australia is no olympic power which are U.S, Russia, Germany, and China. France is having a great olympics but I would not call them a power. Also I am also certain that in one olympics we either did not get a medal in basketball or only got a bronze. To americans that is horrendous because we feel that basketball is our sport. And also all the other countries were sending pro players so it would only be fair for us to send our pros if you want to stop then have no countries send professionals. Also on a great note the U.S. won the gold in baseball the other day that was great because that team had no major players on it playing against the very talented favored cuban team, to me that is the greatest moment of this olympics not the dream team who by the way nearly lost to Lithuania in the semis. while the Us will win the Gold (we are playing France who we already beat) this team will be considered a disapointment because of the fact they did not dominate like the teams before them. If they keep sending the second tier players, I think eventually we might lose a game.

BristerM
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:18:52 PM
The Olympics are a joke. Period. I mean, come on. Ballroom dancing? That's not even funny.

DvdJervs
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:38:51 PM
I will take back the statement about Australia though if I see that they have consistently finished in the top 10.
Not 100% certain of all of them. but I think Australia has been in the Top 10, or at least near it, ever since Montreal in 1976 when we only won like 5 medals (and none of them gold) which scared the crap out of the politicians since they always like to think of Australia as being a big sporting nation. Ever since then we've done pretty well.

Still Australia is no olympic power which are U.S, Russia, Germany, and China.
Maybe not, but we're kings of the pool, that's for certain (at least for now). :)

Jedieb
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:07:09 AM
That semi-final game against Lithuania was just embarrasing. I can't believe the US almost lost. That would have been the greatest upset in Olympic basketball history! As for the 72" Olympics in which the Soviets won/stole the gold, the Americans weren't sore losers, they were robbed. The game ended twice with the U.S. winning BOTH times and the Iron Curtain refs kept giving the Soviets a chance to win the game. Eventually the Soviets did win the game and walked off the court with their STOLEN gold medals.

US Basebal Gold Medal
My parents were thrilled to see the US defeat Cuba in baseball. As Cuban-Americans they were thrilled to see Fidel's squad go down. They think Lasorda should run for president now. ;)

Bromine
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:29:38 AM
The Soviets pulled a similar stunt on the Canadians in that infamous Russia vs. Canada Hockey tournament way-back-when. I don't remember the whole story, but Canada did eventually win, although I believe the whole team left the ice at one point in protest.

Please note I'm not putting down Russia; just noting a possible pattern.

DvdJervs
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:33:52 AM
Those crazy Russians. What will they do next? :)

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2000, 05:49:12 AM
Not terrible ending ceromony, better than half time ones at SUperball(I am still waitinf for them to announce the entire state of FLorida is now going to come on, playing the Oboe):)

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2000, 06:11:22 AM
The Olympics are a joke. Period

Less of a joke than the "World" Series

The Olympics are good as they are NOW, with only a few things that shouldnt be in it(Tennis being the main one)

Jedieb
Oct 1st, 2000, 08:34:27 AM
Of course it's called the World Series. The whole world revolves around us. Weren't you at the meetings reaper? Oh that's right, we don't allow foreigners into the meetings. Sorry. ;)

Dutchy
Oct 1st, 2000, 09:09:34 AM
We won 1 more gold medal making a total of 12, which is TWICE as much as the previous record amount of gold medals! WOOOHOOO!

We got 25 medals in total which are spread as follows (and in previous years):

2000: 12-9- 4 (25)
1996: 4-5-10 (19)
1992: 2-6- 7 (12)
1988: 2-2- 5 ( 9)
1984: 5-2- 6 (13)
1980: 0-1- 2 ( 3)
1976: 0-2- 3 ( 5)
1972: 3-1- 1 ( 5)
1968: 3-3- 1 ( 7)

etc..... as you can see we kicked TOTALLY ass in Sydney.. :) :) :)

Jedieb
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:00:18 PM
Most impressive Dutchy. You should be proud. :)

Dutchy
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:17:07 PM
I am! Thanks :)

America's basketball team sucked... I mean, OK, they won gold, but man, they can do better than THAT!!

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2000, 05:53:43 PM
Did Holland finish ahead of Britain?

Oh yeah, add these to your score

+20 Gold if your team included Eric the Eel
+10,000 Gold if your team didn't use those stupid sprinting suits(I think that is all but the US and Australia)

AND WHERE WAS ROLF HARRIS IN THE FINALE?

Bromine
Oct 1st, 2000, 08:13:51 PM
I think some of the events have become a joke, such as figureskating. (Judges bribed, etc)

The highlight of the Olympics for me was when Canada won the gold in wrestling (can't remember the guy's name or weight class, doh!). That was an intense competition to watch, and the sheer joy on the guy's face when he won was really great. That's what the Olympics is all about, and I'd like to think I'd have enjoyed it just as much if the guy hadn't been Canadian. The unfortunate part, though, was after our Canadian winner beat an American in one of the final rounds. He reached out to shake hands, and the American athlete refused. I mean come on, you just spent the last twenty minutes hugging this man, but now you can't shake his hand? That's pretty pathetic.;)

And did anyone else see the Russian women's vollyball team? Every time they scored they had a group hug. Hilarious!

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2000, 08:20:51 PM
see the Russian women's vollyball team?

A nastier person than me would say something like 'Were they more manly than the mens volleyball team', but I am above that

:)

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 1st, 2000, 08:54:21 PM
Considering Australia is a tiny nation when it's all said and done, we can stand up and rightfully say that we ROCK!! 58 medals, (Eclipsing Holland well and truly) and the best two individual shows (the opening and closing ceremonies) seen. Oh yeah.....

Aussies RULE!!!

ReaperFett
Oct 1st, 2000, 08:58:36 PM
But DT, Holland and Britain combined are smaller than Australia, and combined won FARRRRRRRRR more medals.

BRITS RULE!

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 1st, 2000, 09:31:48 PM
Bromine, you're thinking of Daniel Igali. He's from Nigeria, became a Canadian citizen 6 years ago, and probably did Canada the proudest at these Olympics. It was a joy to see him win. But a rather dismal performance by Canada as a whole at these Olympics. 14 medals total, down 8 from the Atlanta games. :(

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 2nd, 2000, 05:41:55 AM
Yeah Reaper in size maybe, but the UK has 4 times the people. Holland has got more than 19 million too, correct?

If you ever come over here, you would know what a empty place Australia. It's just sand and rock for most of it, that and 4 million kangaroos.

It was more joy for Sydneysiders to see how damn well the Games were run. The closing ceremony (which I watch on the forecourt of the Opera House and thence had front row seat to the fireworks) was amazing... The Olympic flame appearing to blast into the sky was incredible.

DvdJervs
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:23:02 PM
It's just sand and rock for most of it, that and 4 million kangaroos.
That's 3 million kangaroos too many. We ought to get the guns out. :)

The Closing Ceremony was awesome, though I was kind of disappointed for the noteable absence of stars I expected to be performing, like John Farnham and Tina Arena (they performed in the Opening Ceremony but I heard all week they were going to be in the Closing Ceremony too). Even more disappointing was the complete lack of John Williamson in either ceremony (he did some entertaining before the Opening Ceremony started but nothing major like what the rest of the stars did).

On a positive note though, I loved it how they got out some of the stars whom I haven't heard of in a while to sing some of their old classics (like John Paul Young with 'Love Is In The Air', Jimmy Barnes with 'Working Class Man', and Men At Work with 'A Land Down Under').

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:32:24 PM
But no Rolf Harris!

DvdJervs
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:42:40 PM
Who? :)

He was in the 1982 Commonwealth Games in Brisbane as the singer of the main song.

Maybe it's just me but I can't see Rolf performing with the likes of Barnes, InXS, Midnight Oil and the like.

Then again, I couldn't see Slim doing it either, but he did anyway. :)

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:46:11 PM
Jeez! You get Greg Norman, Elle McPherson and PAUL HOGAN, but no Rolf! Madness! Nearly Spoilt the whole Olympics! He could come out of a giant piece of Wobble Board, shouting 'Can you guess what it is yet?' and singing 'Tie me Kangeroo down sport'! Genius!

DvdJervs
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:52:59 PM
Hogan looked pretty lost out there. :)

BTW, what was Norman hitting into the crowd? Not real golf balls surely.

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:57:51 PM
Bet they were. Just like something out of a Leslie Nielson movie :)

Bromine
Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:11:53 PM
Looks like they brought out the mummified Paul Hogan for the occassion. They don't do that much anymore.:)

ReaperFett
Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:17:09 PM
He is out for Dundee 3, may as well use him to the full :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 2nd, 2000, 08:11:06 PM
Steve Irwin should do Crocodile Dundee 3! :)