PDA

View Full Version : You MUST read this..one Heck of a story

foxdvd
Aug 26th, 2000, 02:24:21 AM
www.hometheaterforum.com/...24826.html (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/Forum14/HTML/024826.html)

Just trust me on this..a LONG story..but read it all..you WILL get hooked..

Bromine
Aug 26th, 2000, 03:07:16 AM
Ahh, armchair lawyering...actually, I skimmed this thread and it looks like most posters gave real advice, instead of some legal stuff that may or may not be true like, "I heard from a friend's brother's aunt that you can sue UPS if it's past thirty days and the guy sent you a letter for $50 blahblah blah..." That's usually what ends up happening.

Why is it when there's a problem everyone immediately calls a lawyer and tries to sue? When a person sicks a lawyer on you before you've even discussed the issue thoroughly, it just shows they're trying to to threaten you into settling. In this situation I'd simply refuse to talk to them anymore and only communicate with the lawyer, which serves the dual purpose of not having to talk to the jerk, and also diffusing an intimidation by talking just to the lawyer.
I also like to remind people not to immediately go on the defensive. Depending on the situation, it's usually up to them to prove you owe money. For example, in a related but different situation, the government claims I owe them $10,000 for a student loan I never cashed (I got approved, but my course was cancelled so I never actually took out a loan). Every three weeks or so I get a nice letter from the government asking for their money. I made the mistake at first of getting on the phone and yelling and pleading my case to Loans Canada, but then I got wise and now I just ignore it. I know I didn't take out a loan and therefore they can't have proof that I did, so it's really their problem.
Sorry, a little off-topic there.:)

DvdJervs
Aug 26th, 2000, 04:54:12 AM
I spent over an hour going line by line through it. Thanks Fox for posting this, it was a great read.

Now we'll just have to wait for the next round of events. Want to start taking bets on what the outcome will be? :)

BristerM
Aug 26th, 2000, 08:53:34 AM
timma

foxdvd
Aug 26th, 2000, 12:56:16 PM
Yeah, I really liked reading it....The twist are really fun. I think it will drop with this. They will not bring him to court...but I hope they do ;) I do not want the story to end there..LOL

DvdJervs
Oct 2nd, 2000, 06:39:03 PM
It's been over a month since the initial posting, so I thought I'd bring it back up.

Not much has happened though. As expected the buyer and their 'lawyer' have not acted since.

foxdvd
Oct 3rd, 2000, 12:15:32 AM
yeah..he called their bluff