PDA

View Full Version : what did you think about the cell?

DarthAce
Aug 24th, 2000, 11:42:06 AM

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 9th, 2000, 12:53:03 AM
I really don't know what to rate it. I haven't figured out whether or not I like it yet. All I know is that it is one of the most f*cked up movies I've ever seen.

DarthAce
Sep 9th, 2000, 08:13:41 AM
Well its great painting but with not a great story to tell do you know what i mean?
Its like the matrix entertaining/great fx/great visuals but not a movie that has something original to say!:)

IndianaJones
Sep 9th, 2000, 11:04:57 AM
It was OK, I definately expected more from such a highly anticipated and hyped film. I really hated the fact that there endedup being no reason to going through all the bull@#%$ when he was looking at the answer for hours. Yes, the trip triggered something, but still, this movie is worth seeing only for its freaky nature, but nothing too special about it. 7.5 over all.

DarthAce
Sep 9th, 2000, 05:08:01 PM
I agree!:(

JonathanLB
Sep 10th, 2000, 04:31:36 AM
To even compare The Cell to The Matrix is absolutely insulting. Almost everyone loves The Matrix, it is a masterpiece and one of the greatest sci-fi movies of all-time. It is, for all intents and purposes, the perfect movie. It blends one of the most original plots with great dialogue and great special effects to make for one of the most intriuging movies ever made.

The Cell is utterly dull. It is one of the most screwed up movies I have ever seen, exactly, well stated...

My friend really liked it, I swear he likes anything.

The artistry of the movie is pretty impressive and it has some great visuals, but it is just screwed up and has a poor, twisted, sick plot.

DarthAce
Sep 12th, 2000, 12:24:22 PM
original plot?????????????????????????????Remember darkcity and one of the best sci-fi films of all time??????????Please my friend don't make me start~:)

Dutchy
Oct 4th, 2000, 02:21:59 PM
Jonathan, will we EVER agree on ANY movie? I doubt we will.

Since when did The Matrix become the perfect movie? Visually it was close to perfect, but there's more to a movie than visuals, and to The Matrix there wasn't much. B+

Anyway, I saw The Cell yesterday and I loved it. A very daring and rare movie which is highly appreciated among all the mediocre stuff Hollywood serves these days. It was like Silence of the Lambs meet eXistenZ. Visually it's absolutely stunning and, like eXistenZ (which I also loved), it manages to create a very creepy and intense atmosphere. I have to admit that I wasn't much concerned with the cell girl's fate and I'm not sure if everything in this great movie made sense, but I loved it and I give it a A-.

Oh, I read your review for The Sixth Sense. Highly disagree with it. But then again, I disagree on almost anything with you, movie-wise.

Bromine
Oct 5th, 2000, 01:39:58 AM
The Matrix was almost perfect? I strongly disagree. It was fun to watch, but I had problems with the plot, especially towards the end. He's inexperienced and he's just been told he's not the chosen one, but then all of a sudden without explanation he starts kicking butt and is powerful enough to fight the robot masters. Anyway, I could go on, but suffice it to say that while I'd reccommend this movie, there's no way I'd agree it's even close to perfect.

Darth23
Oct 5th, 2000, 04:36:05 AM
He's inexperienced and he's just been told he's not the chosen one, but then all of a sudden without explanation he starts kicking butt and is powerful enough to fight the robot masters.

Character development throught onscreen action. (Something THe Matrix shared with TPM. It took a crisis situation for Neo to realize his potential.

As far as the Cell goes - I haven't seen it and dont' plan on seeing it. Whenever O hear the words serial killer I tend to tune out.