PDA

View Full Version : OT: Its Snowing! :(

jjwr
Oct 10th, 2000, 08:18:38 AM
Sigh....its snowing...guess that means winter is really on the way...and I'm not even in a high elevation(though I'm in Vermont which is just as bad).

buff jedi 2
Oct 10th, 2000, 09:07:43 AM
You lucky dog !!

I wish we could ahve snow almost all winter here.but we will only get about 6 days of it (if we are lucky) and i bet it will be weak snow.

buffjedi

bronto
Oct 10th, 2000, 02:11:42 PM
What the hell happened to Fall?

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 10th, 2000, 06:54:25 PM
JJWR, I'm not that far off, I saw some of the crappy white stuff today too. I heard Montréal is going to have a white halloween! :)

Bromine
Oct 11th, 2000, 12:28:34 AM
Well, if you don't want snow, send it my way! I'm in a private college that would close at the first sign of a snowflake!:)

jjwr
Oct 11th, 2000, 09:29:11 AM
LOL Bromine...let me guess Florida? Texas? Lousiana? Gotta be one of those 'warm' states :)

I was at a Soccer game last night for my 8yr old Step-daughter, it was probably in the 30-35 F range, add in the wind and it was probably down in the teens, then it started snowing, spitting at first then big flakes about as big as nickels....I really didn't think it was supposed to snow during soccer.

Course this being Vermont its supposed to be 65 and Sunny by Friday, go figure.

DvdJervs
Oct 11th, 2000, 06:34:41 PM
The snow is melting rather quickly down under. :)

buff jedi 2
Oct 11th, 2000, 09:35:05 PM
Hey , DVD JERVS

Is your signiture from a line in a movie???

it seems I have heard it before.

buffjedi

Bromine
Oct 12th, 2000, 05:25:06 PM
jjwr - Oddly enough, I'm in Vancouver, BC! We get snow at least a few days every year, but people still act (and drive) like the world is ending.:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 12th, 2000, 07:21:06 PM
You should see Toronto when it gets inundated with snow! They break out the "snow melting machines". That has to be one of the dumbest things I've EVER seen a civilized, organized, industrialized, and rich city do! Didn't anyone tell them that snow, when melted turns to water, which will flood the sewers, go into the streets and turn every avenue, road, boulevard and street into a skating rink!

DvdJervs
Oct 13th, 2000, 04:10:27 AM
Is your signature from a line in a movie???
I got it from the computer game 'Riven - The Sequel To Myst'.

I don't know if it's been used in a movie or not.

jjwr
Oct 13th, 2000, 08:13:29 AM
lol JMK...that doesn't make any sense at all. Why don't they just plow it and get it off the streets and sidewalks like most cities do?

I don't mind the snow, just didn't wanna see it this early.

JonathanLB
Oct 13th, 2000, 05:55:28 PM
So long as we get to miss school, snow is a good deal.

I've only missed 2 days of school from snow in the last 3 winters, both came in Freshman year. I also went late one day because they delayed school, but other than that...

Down in Southern California they hardly even know what rain IS and snow is not a word, lol.

When we were down there in August, my dad asked the cab driver if they had much rain last winter and he said, "Rain?....*pause for a few seconds* OH! Rain, well no we didn't have much of it." lol. I think it was probably because he was foreign, but that is not a word they probably use too much. Now, it would be funny if he said, "Rain? ...No, I just moved here five years ago." lol.

Behind words such as "at," "the," "and," etc, "Rain" is the most common word used in Portland, Oregon ;)

Just kidding.

Jedi Master Kyle
Oct 13th, 2000, 08:33:11 PM
I don't think the folks in toronto get it. snow is water, it must be shoveled and moved. It will block your streets, and take up room, so you'll get to your offices 5 minutes later. Live with it! I think Toronto wanted to be "cool" or something like that and try something different. It didn't work.

Bromine
Oct 13th, 2000, 11:47:15 PM
Sounds like something Homer Simpson would say: "Here I am shovelling snow like a sucker! I should just MELT the snow away!"
:)

RHJediKnight
Oct 14th, 2000, 09:01:53 PM
Sheesh JJ, you're getting snow already? I live in Maine and I haven't seen a single flake yet!

jjwr
Oct 15th, 2000, 08:59:41 AM
I think it was a bit of a fluke thing, usually late October early November is about when it'll start up, usually won't last though.