PDA

View Full Version : The New Marketing Symbol For EP2

Jedieb
Oct 14th, 2000, 08:53:37 PM
Is there any doubt that Boba Fett will be Hasbro's new marketing symbol for EP2? In much the same way that we saw Maul's face grace EP1 merchandise, Boba Fett will be there to sell us everything from Pepsi to 3 3/4" Yodas. I just hope Fett gets some actual dialogue and more than 5 minutes of screen time. (I for one think he will, and I've been trying to stay as spoiler free as possible.) Does anyone have any other candidates for who we might see plastered on SW merchandise everywhere when 2002 rolls around?

RHJediKnight
Oct 14th, 2000, 09:04:54 PM
Obi-Wan, Anakin, and/or Amidala

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2000, 09:05:49 PM
The new Sith who ever that might be

DvdJervs
Oct 14th, 2000, 10:49:30 PM
Probably Anakin.

I don't think they'll use a new Sith (if there is one) seeing as they used (daresay overused) Maul for the first.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 14th, 2000, 11:40:33 PM
They did slightly overuse Maul, I admit, I am not sure if that will stop them this time though. And why did you say if, I am sure Sidious will have a new apprentice and I doubt its Christopher Lee. Another possibility is Mace Windu, I easily could see them using Sam Jackson face on the toys and stuff.

Bromine
Oct 15th, 2000, 02:01:12 AM
It's hard to say at this point, but I doubt it will be Boba Fett. I think it will be a memorable character that only appears in Episode 2, just like Maul only appeared in Episode 1.

RHJediKnight
Oct 15th, 2000, 02:04:45 AM
Okay, fine. Jango Fett :p

(I'm pretty sure he'll only be in EP2)

Jedieb
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:57:15 AM
Why did you even say his name?! I've been trying to avoid anything that even resembles J. Fett! >(

I really do think it will be Boba Fett. I just think he'll simply look better on packaging than Mace or Obi-Wan. After Maul and EP1 we know that screen time means nothing in regards to packaging. I think Hasbro and others will simply go with a visually interesting character, and Fett certainly fits the bill. I do agree that we'll more than likely see a different character dominate each prequel. Here are my pics:
EP2 Fett
EP3 Vader
If this holds true then my favorite packaging will more than likely be Vader's. You just can't beat good old Darth V.!!!

DvdJervs
Oct 16th, 2000, 04:44:13 AM
And why did you say if?
Because last time I checked (which was a while ago, the circumstances may have changed since) there was nothing outside of your normal speculation about another apprentice.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another apprentice either, but that doesn't mean it's definite.