PDA

View Full Version : Titan A.E. - What do you think?

Bromine
Jun 16th, 2000, 02:12:05 AM
It looks pretty cool, but I haven't heard much buzz about it. What do you think?

Challah
Jun 16th, 2000, 02:15:52 AM
hmmm....Titan AE with cool looking animation......or.....Shaft with sam jackson as John Shaft?

Titan AE can wait I think.:D

mez7
Jun 16th, 2000, 02:21:09 AM
it looks alright, but not great,

ill probably be seeing shaft instead as well,

anyone see WWF smackdown tonight shaft was on it,

and no just sam jackson, he WAS playing shaft, the story was this smaller wrestler was looking all over NY for this guy to protect him and his newly won belt,
so near the end of the show you see him talking to this guy and then he goes something like you have to help me Shaft your a bad mother.
the you hear someone say shut yo mouth, camera pans and its jackson, best part of the whole show

DarthAce
Jun 16th, 2000, 05:57:01 AM
Shaft will rock dude!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 16th, 2000, 02:19:41 PM
he's gotta be one of the smallest wrestlers, and he's always being beaten on for his belt. what else did shaft do on smackdown?
God Sam L. is too cool.

i'm definetly going to see titan a.e. and shaft, and gone in 60 seconds, and road trip (haven't been yet) and me myself and irene....the list goes on...

mez7
Jun 16th, 2000, 05:35:50 PM
shaft didnt do too much that i saw but i didnt watch the last hour of the show, and the wrestler was crash,
by far the most entertaining wrestler of all time
i had to get ready to go camping which im leaving for in a few hours

CMJ
Jun 18th, 2000, 08:44:59 PM
Just got back from it. The first half was really good(way beyond my expectations). The second half had some pretty cheesy stuff though. The animation was very striking throughout. I enjoyed the voice work for the most part(Pullman's character was a little too GI Joe'ish though). I wasn't real fond of the way Damon's character was written in the beginning either. Some of the plot twists make absolutely no sense...and as a result take away from the film. Overall though a very fun movie.

DarthAce
Jun 19th, 2000, 11:34:34 AM

Darth23
Jun 19th, 2000, 05:26:27 PM
I think I'll cut and paste my comments form Cc.net :

Ok, I saw it. It was okay - in some ways it was better than I expected, but over all it kind of got on my nerves. There were TOO many elements that looked like they were lifted straight out of other, more famous movies. it was kind of like, when they said it's like Star Wars, it's because it took a lot of stuff directly FROM Star Wars (Jokes and specific sequences). Plus there were elements straight out of 2001, The Matrix, Raiders, ID4, ET (the ET/Yoda-like nerd alien), Star Trek - Wrath of Khan, and you could REALLY tell that the filmmakers saw Armageddon (several times).

I didn't think a lot of the humor worked, at all. I did like the air shaft joke, even though it was less subtle than the one in TPM. I also hated a lot of the soundtrack. It sounded way too much like just another Hollywood 'deal' where they take a bunch of 'hip' bands and throw then all in to the movie - including 2 or 3 that only appear in the closing credits. I thought the Dolphin-Mynoc-'Time For Me To Fly'-Music Video sequence was really out of place.

Also, I was unlucky enough to have a camera that was apparently out of focus on the top half of the screen. Mist of the animation was pretty well done, but I really don't like the way traditional animation styles looks when combined with more photo-realistic stuff (like the water).

The only really cool thing in the movie was the STAR WARS Easter Egg close to the end. (Did anyone else see it?)

Was it 'what TPM should have been'? (stated by someone on IMDB)

Gawd I hope not.

Overall I'd give it about 2 1/2 stars out of 5.

DarthAce
Jun 20th, 2000, 03:12:37 AM
Didn't you hate that M.I.:2 soundtrack!:(

Bromine
Jun 20th, 2000, 03:40:13 AM
Darth23 - I had a feeling the music would be annoying from the first time I saw the commercial. It just seemed overdone, like they wanted the movie to be cooler by tossing in a lot of happenin' songs.
I'll probably wait until it goes to dollar theatres to see it. I've heard almost nothing but bland reviews.

DarthAce
Jun 20th, 2000, 04:00:30 PM

Jonathan1138
Jun 20th, 2000, 11:40:08 PM
M:I-2?

That movie got mostly all good reviews, some excellent ones. It's fantastic, one of the best action movies in years, it rules. It's John Woo, duh.

"you could REALLY tell that the filmmakers saw Armageddon (several times)."

LOL, good one Darth23.

I will see Titan AE, though, nevertheless. I'd like to see it. I saw Shaft, it was great I thought...

Atreyu
Jun 20th, 2000, 11:55:06 PM
It's fantastic, one of the best action movies in years, it rules. It's John Woo, duh.
In your opinion of course Jon. :) I agree with you though - I had a great time with it. Sydney never looked better. :)

DarthAce
Jun 21st, 2000, 04:52:03 AM
How many of you thought that Shangai Noon was better than M.I:2?:)

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 21st, 2000, 07:43:46 AM
MI2 excellent? I must disagree with that, I thought it was a waste of my money. I should have seen Gladiator

Bromine
Jun 21st, 2000, 05:45:27 PM
Shanghai Noon was sort of a different genre (action/comedy while MI2 was just action), but I did enjoy it a LOT more.

In a fight between Jackie Chan and Tom Cruise, Tom would win due to his mastery of cartoon-physics.:)

DarthAce
Jun 22nd, 2000, 07:03:40 AM
hahahaahahaha!:)

CMJ
Jun 22nd, 2000, 09:45:58 AM
I liked SHANGHAI NOON better. But I thought both were mediocre.

DarthAce
Jun 23rd, 2000, 08:03:45 AM
One think i am sure of is that there not mediocre!:)

Darth23
Oct 27th, 2000, 05:04:24 PM
In a fight between Jackie Chan and Tom Cruise, Tom would win due to his mastery of cartoon-physics

OMG, that was so funny.

Actually Tom Cruise would win because he has more hollywood Star Power. :^b

DvdJervs
Oct 27th, 2000, 08:49:41 PM
Actually Tom Cruise would win because he has more hollywood Star Power.
But afterwards he would get thoroughly spanked by 10 million 'Jackie' fans. :)

Bromine
Oct 29th, 2000, 05:45:07 AM
...And Keanu Reeves could beat them both, 'cause he could just FREEZE them in place with his Bullet-Time(tm) powers!:)