PDA

View Full Version : Predicitions dor the Dec 8 BO weekend?

Darth23
Dec 7th, 2000, 07:07:11 PM
Dungeons and Dragons, Proof of Life and Vertical Limit will be going head to head this weekend.

Any predictions?

I think that Perfect Avalanc- er Vertical Limit will be the loser of the three. I'm not really sure about the numbers tho - but i'll take a guess:

1. Proof of Life - 25 million
2. Dungeons and Dragons - 19 million
3. The Grinch - 16 million
4. Unbreakable - 9.5 million
5. Verticle Limit - 8 million.

:)

Darth23
Dec 7th, 2000, 07:10:40 PM
Wow the BO Guru is predicting 6 million for DND.

I've seen tons of ads for it this week - so I think it will definitely do better than that.

Remy LeBeau
Dec 7th, 2000, 11:14:22 PM
I predict DND around 15 mil

DvdJervs
Dec 8th, 2000, 05:19:43 AM
I'd be very interested to see how 'Vertical Limit' fairs - I've read that is is one of the most anticipated films being released this weekend.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 8th, 2000, 09:07:35 AM
I predict D&D will flop. Badly.

I know critics get it wrong, but have you seen the reviews??? Thsi looks like a bad movie.

buff jedi 2
Dec 8th, 2000, 03:53:23 PM
Of course Ive been very wrong on my predictions before BUT !!I have to say DEC. is going to suck.None of the movies are looking worth a dang.The russel crowe movielooks as bad as Gladiator was .I bet none of them make more than 60 mill a piece.Although I hope D&D does well.

wookieboy/buffjedi

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 8th, 2000, 08:32:12 PM
I really, really hope your being sarcastic when you said Gladiator was bad.

I'm hopeful D&D tanks. Okay board game and that's where it should have stayed. Not as some shitty movie

ReaperFett
Dec 8th, 2000, 08:48:36 PM
I'll pretend your forgot the great cartoon, with its great jokes, and small man who reminds me of Yoda :)

buff jedi 2
Dec 8th, 2000, 11:03:45 PM
No turbo Glads wasnt bad IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!I was expectingt t6his great movie and BOY it so was not.And that crowe guy is such a little weannie.But than agian I think ( to wong fu thanx for the memories was great )so of course thats just my oppinion. =)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Dec 8th, 2000, 11:28:11 PM
I think DND will do ok for this weekend, then drop like a stone. Proof of Life will win the weekend.

DvdJervs
Dec 8th, 2000, 11:45:13 PM
Buff - you really need to learn how to type properly. :)

I'm hopeful D&D tanks. Okay board game and that's where it should have stayed.
What about the computer games???? Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 rank as my favourite games of all time (they're AD&D, not just D&D but still the same).

buff jedi 2
Dec 9th, 2000, 12:00:50 PM
I know DVD ,I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Darth23
Dec 9th, 2000, 05:30:09 PM
I know critics get it wrong, but have you seen the reviews??? Thsi looks like a bad movie.

I saw DnD last night - it was NOT good. :( 6/10 - and that being generous. I wasn't expecting it to be AWESOME - but I was hoping for a decent, entertaining Fantasy movie. It's a dollar theater picture at best.

Vertical Limit was number 1 on Friday, The Grinch is second.

-----

btw, Gladiator was one of the best movies of the year. :p

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 9th, 2000, 07:20:59 PM
Gladiator is the best I have seen this year - no mean feat when Unbreakable rated so hlighly with me and Chicken Run (Which is FINALLY open Down Under) was worth the wait. Those are definatly my three top movies this year.

Darth23
Dec 9th, 2000, 11:21:53 PM
Chicken Run? Really?

I thought it was GOOD... but....

Actually I forgot to include Almost Famous in my top 5 for the year. :)