PDA

View Full Version : Castaway

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2000, 10:01:22 AM
Anyone heard any good word on this? I'm thinking of seeing it on X-Mas night, looks like a pretty good movie.

buff jedi 2
Dec 21st, 2000, 11:11:31 AM
All i have heard has been good.Once agian Ill wait until video though.

buffjedi/wookieboy

jjwr
Dec 21st, 2000, 12:18:55 PM
I normally would wait for video but every X-mas me and my brother(and now my wife) always try and go see a movie on Christmas night, become kind of a family tradition, out of all the movies out there that one looks to be the most fun.

CMJ
Dec 21st, 2000, 04:26:26 PM
I've heard nothing but good stuff about it so far. I plan on seeing it Christmas day too...so I guess we can compare notes. :)

Remy LeBeau
Dec 23rd, 2000, 01:31:01 AM
I'm going to see it.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2000, 10:04:05 AM
I went and saw this last night, it was pretty good, not as good as I heard it was going to be but still very good overall. Hanks did a great job in this one, I heard a lot of people say Hanks is gonna get serious Oscar consideration for this one, thought he was good but I have no idea about some of the other possible contenders.

CMJ
Dec 26th, 2000, 08:11:26 PM
I thought it was one of his most impressive performances. The movie was very, very good. One of the best films of the year IMO. I still have a few "contenders" to see, but I have no doubt CASTAWAY will end the year on my 10 Best list.

jjwr
Dec 26th, 2000, 10:04:39 PM
Just to note this is spoiler free

What did you think about the end of it? I liked how it left things hanging with him having a few choices on what he was going to do. I could comment a bit more but I don't wanna say too much and spoil any of it for those who are reading and haven't seen it yet.

CMJ
Dec 27th, 2000, 12:44:14 PM
I really liked it. Hanks was at a crossroads(literally as well as figuratively). Their were a few things that bothered me in an earlier sequence....but I'll wait to talk about those till more people have seen it.

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2000, 12:47:14 PM
I'm really suprised no one else has chimed in with seeing this, figured a few others would have by now....course the board in general is pretty dead right now.

I'm curious which sequence your talking about, I won't say anymore though till some others have seen it.

CMJ
Dec 27th, 2000, 12:55:45 PM
The film grossed nearly 40M in it's opening weekend. Surely other people on the board saw it.

jjwr
Dec 27th, 2000, 03:29:15 PM
Maybe everyone's just away on holiday or something.