PDA

View Full Version : Transformers DVD

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2001, 10:30:04 AM
I got this and watched it last night, still a very cool movie. Though it seems a lot shorter than I recalled it being :)

I still love the 'Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost' scene, best part of the movie.

Darth Renegade
Jan 9th, 2001, 12:45:37 PM
Definately rocked Just makes me mad that not all the transformers were in it.........IE Sideswipe......I've got it on VCD...watch it all the time though

Ash Longbaugh
Jan 9th, 2001, 12:51:31 PM
NO SIDESWIPE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Never got round to seeing them. Sideswipe was my favourite!

jjwr
Jan 9th, 2001, 02:29:45 PM
A number of the storyboards on the DVD showed quite a few more of the others, Tracks, Red Alert and some others, guess they just didn't make it into the final cut.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jan 9th, 2001, 03:03:33 PM
There were so many Transformers that it's nearly impossible to fit every
one of them in there. If you didn't see them, just assume they were turned
to scrap metal. :)
I remember seeing it for the first time and being absolutely shocked at the first
scenes when braun, wratchet and ironhide get killed. I was in disbelief. You could
imagine how sickened I was upon seeing guys like wheeljack etc... being dragged
around. But it is still one of my favorites.

Ash Longbaugh
Jan 9th, 2001, 03:09:52 PM
WHAT? Braun? ironhide? I dont WANT to see it now!!!

(This is ReaperFett BTW)

Still, maybe it meant Sideswipe didn't die :)

Jedieb
Jan 9th, 2001, 03:48:57 PM
I remember being really excited about Transformers: The Movie when it was released. But when I saw it I was rather dissapointed. My favorite characters were Prime and Megatron. So I went into the movie expecting and wanting to get my fill of Optimus V. Megatron. But both characters were gone 15 minutes into the movie! Now I can watch it and it doesn't bother me as much. Back then what I would have preferred was 80 minutes of Transformer battles and then the ultimate showdown between Megatron and Prime. The battle at the beginning of the movie was great, I just would have preferred it at the end of the movie.

Am I the only one that thought Hot Rod was just too damn whiny to lead the Autobots?

Ash Longbaugh
Jan 9th, 2001, 03:56:08 PM
no, he bugged me

I would have preffered that wierd looking on(Kup I think) or Blurr. THat would have been cool

Jedi Master Kyle
Jan 9th, 2001, 10:33:05 PM
he wasn't whiny when he turned into Rodimus Prime. Besides, who wouldn't want Judd Nelson leading them into battle?

I didn't say that aloud just now, did I?

Darth Renegade
Jan 10th, 2001, 01:27:16 AM
Ultra Magnus should've gotten the Matrix like planned. I was upset too to see all the guys die at the beginning. At least Soundwave kept going strong

jjwr
Jan 10th, 2001, 10:31:49 AM
Outside of those few that got turned into Cyclonus and Sweeps most of the decepticons lived and made it into the post movie episodes of the show, unlike all those poor autobots.

Ultra Magnus was cool, he was my favorite Autobot after the movie, he wasn't as cool in the Movie but in the regular shows he was much cooler.

Darth Renegade
Jan 10th, 2001, 12:58:09 PM
Agreed, although Springer was another favorite after the movies. Anyone know what happened to Skyfire in the end?