PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United and the NY Yankees to ally

ReaperFett
Feb 7th, 2001, 11:02:54 AM
From teamtalk.com:

Manchester United have called a press conference for 3-30pm today when they will announce a marketing alliance with the New York Yankees.
Sir Bobby Charlton and chairman Peter Kenyon flew to New York last week to complete the deal which will maintain United's position as the world's richest football club.
As part of the agreement, United will sell Yankees merchandise in their club shops and vice versa, making the Premiership champions part of the biggest sporting alliance in the world.
The Yankees have already forged close links with the New Jersey Devils ice hockey team and the New Jersey Nets basketball team, and recently signed a joint sponsorship deal with Super Bowl runners up the New York Giants.
Not only does the deal give United extra financial clout, it also gives them a foothold into the USA market, easily the most lucrative in the world, where soccer is becoming increasingly more popular among America's youth.

Sounds pretty sweet

buff jedi 2
Feb 7th, 2001, 12:00:57 PM
hey Reapert are there any talks or such about teams like ,Manchester,ajix(spelled wrong im sure) playing any exp.games in the USA? that would RULE!!!!

buffjedi/woookieboy

Ash Longbaugh
Feb 7th, 2001, 12:06:31 PM
don't think so

And it is Ajax BTW :)

-Fett

buff jedi 2
Feb 7th, 2001, 12:14:10 PM
DANG!!!!! That to bad, I would love to see some real soccer in the usa .the MLS just isnt doing it for me. I used to love watching those teams play (on tv)they would Kill the MLS teams :) (thanx for spell check) Ive seen all the teams in that league play(cant remenber them all)

buffjedi/wookieboy

jjwr
Feb 8th, 2001, 10:28:07 AM
I was reading about this on ESPN and they mentioned that this may bring Manchester United into the US for a promo tour.

buff jedi 2
Feb 8th, 2001, 05:00:29 PM
:) that would be way to cool!! Thanx JJ

buffjedi/wookieboy