PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR

buff jedi 2
Feb 5th, 2001, 04:12:46 PM
OK folks the Daytona 500 is just around the corner.:)

Im not much of a race fan anymore (racing is as fixed as any sport)but I still like to see my man Dale Earnhardt bump those guys in the wall.Any body watch racing or im the only redneck :)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Feb 5th, 2001, 10:06:52 PM
yep, you're the only redneck. along with the other billion people that will be there in person and watching on the idiot box.

Jedieb
Feb 5th, 2001, 11:53:04 PM
I live in the south and I ignore NASCAR as much as possible. I did see the great showdown on TV between Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt at Daytona a couple of years ago. (Gordon won with Earnhardt right on his bumper during the final 3-5 laps.) Basically, I love watching all of the die hard NASCAR fans get pissed off everytime Gordon wins a big race. They actually think Jeff Gordon isn't "southern" enough to fit in with the other good ol' boys. Hey face fans, Gordon isn't exactly a East Coast kind of guy, grab a clue!

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 6th, 2001, 11:04:44 PM
Nascar sucks. Give me Rallying anyday

RHJediKnight
Feb 7th, 2001, 02:09:38 AM
I'd rather watch NBA than NASCAR, and I hate basketball.

buff jedi 2
Feb 7th, 2001, 12:09:37 PM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are hard on the redneck sports :) Master Kyle your either in a bad mood OR you really hate NASCAR.

yeah EBS I cant beleave they tried to hype Gordon up as like a Californa kind of GQ type guy :( he is just a gay redneck from Indiana who They thought would appeal to the better class of people and draw in there money.I personally dont like him (a descent driver)Like I said Nascar is fixed but I still pull for Ole Dale .Now I will say it Does take more skill and it is harder to Race Nascar than those Go cart looking cars.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 7th, 2001, 07:47:44 PM
Being a racer myself, I can give you definitive answer what is harder.

Neither.

I've tried most motorsport and the one that is flat out hardest of all is rallying. NASCAR is actually quite safe and once you get in a "zone", not that hard. the cars are surprisingly technical and not nice to get working until you do 'zone' them, ie, set them up just right. Then, it's not hard.

Circuit racing is okay I guess. I personally think open wheelers are okay, but touring crs are much better. If you have ever seen Aussie V8 circuit racing, especially at Bathurst, you would know what I mean. It's definantly a brutally hard thing to wrestle a full size V8 around some of our tracks and we dont stop for rain.

But in the end, it doesnt compare to the skill and bravery needed in rallyingThink - 100 mph and you have trees brushing your wing mirror, you dont really know whats next, it's loose and slippery...

Forget roundy roundys. I'll take the foresst anyday

buff jedi 2
Feb 8th, 2001, 12:43:22 AM
OOHH no no Im sorry I didnt pay attention to the type of racing he was talking about (rally) if its what I think it is YES!!!! it is the hardest!!!But in you regular racing like Indy cars ,granpre type ..Nascar is the hardest due to more wieght harder handling,Sorry about the mix up.

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 19th, 2001, 01:26:22 AM
This is the sadest Day in racing HistoryThe greatest Racer of all time died today =( I know you guys are not race fans But He Ruled Racing !! I no longer have a need to watch Nascar agian.

buffjedi/wookieboy (RIP Dale you where and will always be the man!)

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 19th, 2001, 07:04:14 AM
The greatest? No way. Aryton Senna was.

Still, it's sad to lose another motor racer. I can appreciate how good he was on the roundy roundy's and it is a big loss. To what I saw, it was a bit of a freak accident. Slamed into the wall, then t-boned. Broken neck by the looks of it from the side impact. At least it was quick.

RIP Dale.

Jedieb
Feb 20th, 2001, 12:53:09 PM
Earhhardt was his generation's greatest NASCAR driver. I'd still go with Petty, but there's no doubt that NASCAR has lost one of its greatest champions. I live in SW Virginia and I can tell you racing fans throughout the South are simply stunned. You know how bad it is? The people across the street from me have #3 pennants all along their fence.Rednecks everywhere have lost one of their gods. RIP in #3. :(