PDA

View Full Version : College basketball

buff jedi 2
Jan 7th, 2001, 07:08:59 PM
Now that that boring college football is over ,we can get on with some real entertaiment.I hope my North Carolina Tar Heels take it all this year(im not holding my breath though)They beat #4 wake forest last night in a pretty much last sec. shot by the big man brendon.im sure there rank should go up to atleast from 14 to 8 or 9.So how bout you guys watch College hoops?

buffjedi

CMJ
Jan 7th, 2001, 10:41:48 PM
But I LOVE college hoops! It's a funny thing you like Carolina buff jedi...because I pull for Duke(well I pull for my beloved UNT Eagles but we were talking about teams that were nationally recognized). There is nothing better in sports than March Madness.

buff jedi 2
Jan 8th, 2001, 12:51:47 AM
YOU are so right March madness rocks!!!!!!!but DUKE =(.
no I have to say if its not the Heels its got to be the Dukies.If not them two its got to be an ACC team.

How bout them hoosiers (I hate them) but they beat MS =).
Stanford should get #1 and duke # 2.

what state is UNT eagles from or what conference.

buffjedi/wookieboy

CMJ
Jan 8th, 2001, 03:47:12 AM
UNT is the University of North Texas...where I goto school. We're in the Sunbelt conference...hardly a great basketball powerhouse(though the womens' teams are usually good, with Lousiana Tech consistently in the Top 10). Our guys team has been pretty pathetic for years, though our womens squad is pretty good.

Darth McBain
Jan 8th, 2001, 06:48:44 PM
How can you hate the Hoosiers... Ok, I can understand hating ex coach Knight, but the Hoosiers are cool. Seriously though - that was a hell of a finish to that game. In all the years I went to IU we never had a finish quite like that...

buff jedi 2
Jan 8th, 2001, 10:27:17 PM
DarthMcbain,I dont really hate INDIANA .but they are one of those schools that gets compared to being a powerhouse like Carolina is ,and there record is almost as good(yall have more NT I think) so I have to root for you guys to loose.But I was rooting for you to win two nights ago .I was as nerves as if it was Carolina.Great finish!!!

North texas ,I can say for sure I have not heard of it BUT sometimes those smaller or less know schools can surprise you (webber state 2 yrs ago)so dont give up on them.wasnt UNCCharlotte in the sunbelt a few years back??

I was right about the 1-3 spot But I cant beleave Carolina didnt move that much ahead.And how about that florida Game Another buzzer beater(but they didnt drop to bad in the ranks =( (march is for sure going to be MADDDDNNNEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!cant wait.

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Jan 10th, 2001, 11:29:54 PM
HEELS WIN!!!!!! they ahd a great game agian Maryland But they pulled it off 86-83.Duke has NC state now.I dont think it will be a cake walk for DUKE (but I could be wrong)

The ACC is going strong this year,like Dickie V said there will more than likely be 6 teams in the NCAA tournment this year.God the ACC RULES COLLEGE BALL!!!

buffjedi/wookieboy

CMJ
Jan 11th, 2001, 12:19:36 AM
The ACC is by far the best conference in college basketball. Always has, always will be.

On a different note the Lady Eagles of UNT host the #8 Louisianna Tech Lady Techsters tommorrow night. If we can pull of the upset we might crack the top 25(we'd be 11-4 with a win over a top 10 team...thats gotta earn some respect).

Our men are just trying to keep from having another embarrasing season...

buff jedi 2
Jan 12th, 2001, 06:50:16 PM
Didnt catch the ladies score's How they do??Even if they lost A 11-5 record wouldnt be that bad ,if they stay on track they should make the tourney.I always look at womens ball this way ANYBODY BUT TENNESEE!!!!!!

buffjedi

buff jedi 2
Jan 14th, 2001, 09:13:44 PM
HEELS WIN!!!!!!!!! They beat the heck out of Marquette(spelled wrong im sure) 86-56 What a great game!!! the heels are meshing like a true carolina team should.Joesph forte could be the next big star.But now they are down to playing all ACC teams ,im sure they will loose a few =(

Mich state barely won,Duke won and wake lost to Georgia tech.

buffjedi/wookieboy

CMJ
Jan 14th, 2001, 10:11:59 PM
Virginia yesterday. Man alive they beat the #9 team by 41 points.

As for UNT...our Ladies team played LA Tech close(lost by 12 point) in a game we could have won. Unfortunately we lost last night on the road in a game we should have won....grrrrr.

Our guys team is currently like 4-11 or something pthetic like that. Oh well, I hope the coach gets the hook soon. :)

buff jedi 2
Jan 15th, 2001, 12:19:04 PM
yeah with a 4-11 record I would say you will get a new coach next year if not sooner.

Its bad when you loose a close game you should have won BUT atleast you know you have a good team there,and if there not mostly seniors you will have a heck of a good womens team next year.

yeah Duke beat up on Virgina pretty badly =)

how bout Georgetown only them and stanford perfect =(

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Jan 18th, 2001, 10:25:05 PM
HEELS WINN!!!!!!!! agian!!!! they beat up on CLEMSON dont remember the score but I think they won by 20 something.Im glad they won BUT I hate seeing the acc teams beating up on each other.

BUFFJEDI/WOOKIEBOY

buff jedi 2
Jan 22nd, 2001, 12:07:08 AM
hEELS win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGIAN this time it was a tight game agian FSU 80-70 . once agian Forte was the man.UNC will loose a couple in the ACC this year But im sure they will take the ACC title .

Duke won and georgetown finally lost.

Buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 1st, 2001, 03:26:54 PM
This is a little late But Heels win!!!!!!!!!!!! they beat NCState a couple of nights ago.Now they have DUKE today =( I love my heels But I really do not think they have whta it takes to beat Duke.(I hope im wrong)

buffjedi/wookieboy

jjwr
Feb 1st, 2001, 05:32:38 PM
Tonights game is gonna be huge, I'm not much of a college bball fan but I may try and catch this one, should be fun.

CMJ
Feb 1st, 2001, 06:55:43 PM
Oh...my.... The grandest game in all of college basketball is tonight. UNC-Duke is ALWAYS great. It doesn't matter what the records are or the rankings. It's just war! The teams are jacked up like it's a Title tilt and the fans....oh man, I don't even need to go into that. Go Duke(my favorite school other than the one I attend)! GO TO HELL CAROLINA!

jjwr
Feb 1st, 2001, 07:23:32 PM
LOL....I like Duke better but only cause my high school was also the Blue Devils...always seems to be a classy program though...go Devils!

buff jedi 2
Feb 1st, 2001, 10:05:12 PM
hey CMJ :p

JJWR,we had rivals called the buedevils in high school,They always kicked or ars.Gosh I hated them =(

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 2nd, 2001, 01:43:59 AM
I dont think I really need to say this but HHHHEEEELLLLSSSSSSSSSS WWWWIIIIIINNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I didnt play one milisec of the game Im sooooooo happpyyyyy!!!!

but of course G.Tech is next and can beat anyone at any time and of course you beat Duke once ,its hard to do it twice But it doesnt matter!!!! heellllllsssss won tonight!!!!!!

CMJ :p =)

buffjedi/wookieboy

CMJ
Feb 2nd, 2001, 11:30:53 AM
Geez buff you should have watched the game. It was a titanic struggle the whole night. Spurts by both teams, great plays, everything. Even though Duke lost, it wazs one helluva game and it was a privelege to watch it. I can only imagine how awesome it would have been in person.

buff jedi 2
Feb 2nd, 2001, 12:45:54 PM
no no I did watch it .!!!!!!

how can I explain this???? you know how some people get caught up in there fav. teams and there team wins and they go around saying we won we won.that fan never played a sec of the game and they won??So I was just saying I didnt play 1 mili sec of the game but im soooo happyyyy(sorry about the confussion =)

arte you kidding I wouldnt miss a MILI SEC OF THEGAME.It was all you would except from these two schools. the official blew a few calls (haywood block baiter cleanly) and they called a bad one late on Baiter(how ever you spell it). I was so mad at the way the heels guarded the 3 ball,I was yelling at the TV for them to not leave Duke open for it BUt of course in true UNC fashion they did(and it almost cost them the game.They should have T'd Haywood for leaving the freethrow line (thank you lord they didnt).I was yelling at Haywood not to sink the last one .The game could have went either way. IT WAS AWESOME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
but like I said before its hard to beat duke twice =(.

I wish I was AT the game ,but than agian I would have gotten beat up for running my mouth aat the camaron crazies.Im truly going to try and get tickets for the game at the DEAN DOME.its only about 2 hrs away from here.
Yeah you know what The Sky is Carolina blue today :)

buffjedi/wookieboy

jjwr
Feb 2nd, 2001, 12:46:02 PM
I didn't get to watch any of it, our came got bit pretty wicked by another animal so we had to take care of him last night.

I know our Blue Devils never beat anyone all the time, we're a smaller Division 3 school(like 150 students total).

Hey CMJ, quick question. Do you want me to remove the Admin title from you? Figure if your not around much it'll save you getting emails and what not from people who are trying to get some things done.

buff jedi 2
Feb 4th, 2001, 11:27:33 PM
If Carolina gets ranked #1 I will cry. Not that I do not want them there,its just that 1.I dont think they are a #1 calubar team YET>2. it would jinx them badly.
now HEEEEELLLSSSSWWWIINNNNN they beat georgia Tech Saturday.I think GT played alot better than the score showed.19-2 one more win and the heels have 20 win seasons for like the last 25 years (not sure going to check on the yrs.)

JJWR did you mean to say your CAMEL got bit? if so thats cool to own a camel :) but bad it got bit :(

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 7th, 2001, 12:30:29 PM
ok they are still #1 and I cant stand it, it makes my heels a huge target :( but

HHHHEEEELLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNN!!!!!

it was a tight game all theway threw ,but the guys stayed tough .I thought id have a heart attack.wake is a helluva team.

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 9th, 2001, 06:51:48 PM
31 years of 20 or more wins in each season now thats impressive.

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 10th, 2001, 05:32:04 PM
well guess what HEEELLSSS WWINNNN!!!
beat Maryland today Game was great up until Maryland just got sloppy(thank goodness)

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Feb 19th, 2001, 01:28:59 AM
Well Heels lose,been awhile since Ive said that ...but it was bound to happen,But it doesnt matter ,,right now the Racing world has lost the greatest thing racing has ever seen.

buffjedi/wookieboy (rip #3)

jjwr
Feb 20th, 2001, 10:11:03 AM
Didn't even catch that one...my cat got bit...where the well did came come from....just had to clear that up

CMJ
Feb 20th, 2001, 10:31:19 AM
To play excellent. They are tied atop the ACC with UNC right now(I think). Showdown #2 is just around the corner. :)

In other news our UNT women's squad will most likely finish second in our bracket of the conference. If we can somehow manage to win the conference tournament we get an automatic bid to the Big Dance(ladies style)...if not we'll have to hold out for an at large bid.

CMJ
Mar 4th, 2001, 08:01:49 PM
Man what a game! I can't believe how well Shane B, Duhon, and Wiliams all played. UNC had a pretty good game too...though they should have abused Duke's lack of size more than they did. I wonder if they'll meet a 3rd time a week from today....

My UNT Lady Eagles are just 2 games away from that at automatic NCAA tourney bid. Of course we play the #5 LA Tech Techsters tommorrow. If we can can somehow get by them we might be NCAA tourney bound regardless of what happens in the title game. We'd have 20 wins and a few quality ones at that(like a W over the #5 team in the country). Here's hoping....

buff jedi 2
Mar 4th, 2001, 08:46:32 PM
Long time no been here =(

Boy the heels SUCKED!!!!!!!!!! they got the crap kicked out of them =( BUT I still love them . Like I said you dont beat Duke twice. But im so dissapointed in how the heels played =(. it wouldnt be so bad if they Didnt already loose to VA. and clemmson......Come on guys you a can do better =)

GO!!!! Unt ladies !!! ill keep my fingers crossed.

buffjedi/wookieboy

jjwr
Mar 5th, 2001, 10:22:02 AM
I'm not too sure how the brackets brake down but is there a chance for a Duke vs UNC round 3 in the NCAA tourney? That would be cool....course it would be one hell of a title game but I have no idea if they're in opposite brackets(doubt it).

Hey Buff....what are your TPM totals again? Both Theatre and overall? JonathanLB has King of TPM viewings in his Sig file for seeing it 50 times in the theatre, just curious where you rack up.

buff jedi 2
Mar 5th, 2001, 11:21:59 AM
I wish it would be saet up for a Duke and carolina show down for the title =) But I dont think the Heels will make it into the final 4 (hope im wrong) but there play is to up and down.=(

hey JJWR

Im over 500 in total views, and I know I was over 50 viewings at the theaters BUT i can only account for 40 some ticket stubs (Id have to get them out and count them to give you a true number)so I always just say 40 some.

buffjedi/wookieboy

buff jedi 2
Mar 10th, 2001, 10:31:01 PM
They beat G.tech for the right to meet Duke for the ACC crown(they looked awlful) BUT they won :)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedieb
Mar 11th, 2001, 12:00:02 AM
This isn't a court of law buff! If you say you have over 50 we believe you. Actually, no one's brave enough to call you a liar for fear of the punding you'd inflict upon us! ;)

When does the tournament start? That's when I'll start to pay attention. What kind of a shot does UVA have of making the Final Four? I only ask because they're the Virginia Tech Hokies in-state rivals and I have to be sure to root against them. I know they've won some big games against North Carolina but I have no idea how they rank up against everyone else.

buff jedi 2
Mar 11th, 2001, 12:19:08 PM
ok 50 :)

buff draws back his big ole arm to hit EBS upside the head .Ebs ducks and grabs Buff and puts him in a headlock.While he has Buff in a headlock He Noogies him and asks( Who's Your Yoda Now BUFF!

I hate to say this But im not sure when the big Tourny starts(march 12 or 13) I think. I really dont think the hokies are going to make it (buy thats a guess) But the VA cavaliers are ranked 12th in the nation and have a really good chance of going to the final 4.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedieb
Mar 11th, 2001, 12:48:27 PM
Enraged by Jedieb's Yoda taunts buff reverses the headlock and perfomrs a devasting suplex. A dazed jedieb then responds by saying "50 sounds good to me..."

I'm well aware that the Hokies basketball team sucks. I was just curious if UVA had a shot. I'd also be surprised if the Hokies even made it to the tournament. I get really excited when my old school, the University of South Florida, makes the big dance. We made it once while I was there and got promptly trounced by Georgetown in the first round, but it was fun nevertheless. I have to go put some ice on my neck, curse you buff! C'ya!

buff jedi 2
Mar 11th, 2001, 05:14:08 PM
LMao !! your to much Ebs.Hope the ice helps ;)

Well the heels Got the Crap kicked out of them!!!!!!!!

you know its not the fact that they lost ITS the fact they played LIKe SH--- Duke is not that much better than the heels.But the Heels play like they could give a rats Ars about winning. If they play like this in the Big dance I hope they loose in the first round . I still love em, but they gotta do better that that crap.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 12th, 2001, 01:51:40 AM
The selection committe has chosen the 65 teams for for the big dance. It 65 this year instead of 64 they have a play in game on Tuesday with Winthrop playing Northwestern St. the winner gets to play Illinois. Really I see this tournment being up for grabs, I see loads of upsets on day one. As far as Virginia goes Jedieb they get Gonzaga in round 1 Gonzaga is a really good team and Virgina is vastly overrated. I expect three ACC teams to go down in the 1st round Wake plays Butler, Butler will get avengence this year after losing that heart breaker to Florida last year. Georgia Tech plays St. Joes who I think is a much better team. I also think North Carolina will get an early exit. They are not playing well right now geting trounced by nearly 40 points by Duke is terrible and of course Clemson beat them just two weeks ago. I think they will get beat in round 2 mostly likely by a scrappy Providence Team who has to get by Penn State first though. Duke will have its problems, if they make it to the Sweet 16 (which I am sure they will) they might have to play UCLA who could upset Duke. I think there will be other upsets too I would be wary of playing along with Providence and Bulter, Temple, Creighton, Oklahomha St, and Georgia State. Each of these teams are capable of making an upset. Also I expect one #2 or #3 seed to fall in round 1, Iowa State, Maryland, and Ole Miss are all possibilities. In the end I think Arizona will win the tournment they have 5 seniors and are now starting to play the way they were expected to at the begining of the year.