PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy

Jedi Master Carr
May 19th, 2001, 10:55:19 PM
Did anybody else watch this HBO movie tonight? The movie deals with the Wannsee conference in 1942 Germany when a dozen or so major German officals met and decided on the Final Solution. I watched it and while I found quite interesting and it was an excellent acted movie I found it quite desturbing. It made me despise the Nazis even more than I had. The only problem with the movie there is almost no character to sympathize with except maybe the one the member of the Chancelorite who did not agree with the plans but ultimately went along with it. I especially despised Reinhard Heinrich even more, Kenneth Branagh made Heinrich look evil, vicious, and arrogant. His performance along with Stanley Tucci who played Eichman are the highlights of the movie although some of the supporting characters did equally good jobs including Ian Mcniece as a fat General who I totally dispised through the entire movie. I would add that I would recommend this movie to anybody who is enjoys WWII and to all who know little about the Holocaust especially the events that led to it because it is very enlightening.

Jedieb
May 20th, 2001, 01:54:35 PM
I missed it last night but I'll probably catch it some time this month. The cast is an impressive one. But it's definitely not a "fun" movie to pop in the VCR and watch over and over. I'll have to gear myself up to watch this one.

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2001, 02:15:12 PM
I agree it wasn't an easy movie to watch luckily it was only 90 minutes and that made it easier plus it wasn't as grim as The Holocaust, a miniseries that I think NBC did 20 years ago. I saw that on cable and I had to struggle to watch the end because it was so sad and depressing. Still, it did disgust me watching these men with all their arrogance decide the fate of 6 million people.