PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings trailer

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2001, 01:01:33 AM
I just saw the new Lord of the Rings trailer on Access Hollywood, it comes out tomorrow attached to Pearl Harbor I believe, (another reason to go see Pearl Harbor) and it is incredible. It is the best trailer I have seen since the TPM trailer. If the movie is as good as the trailer it will be the best movie of this year. I know for certain now that I want to see this movie.

Hannibal Marzullo
May 25th, 2001, 02:22:54 AM
I don't know man, it looks like a cross of Willow with The Secret Garden, I'll only go see it if it has some cool battles, I'm not crazy about Elijah Wood.

Doc Milo
May 25th, 2001, 05:05:05 AM
I don't see how anyone can say that LotR is a cross between Willow and The Secret Garden. The story for LotR is older than both -- it's just not been made into a live action movie before. In fact, I'd venture to guess that Lord of the Rings was probably one of the influences that the creator of Willow used...

swooshdark
May 25th, 2001, 03:35:59 PM
LOL. I take it you've never read the books. "Cool" doesn't do it justice. I hope Peter Jackson is up to the task. The trailer looks good, *however* the score for it sucks ass right now. They need something stronger.

Jedi Master Carr
May 25th, 2001, 03:56:07 PM
The score might not be done but besides that the trailer rocked I think it will be the best movie of this year and the next movie that I can't wait to see. I really liked how they shrunk the characters it was weird seeing Elijah Wood and Sean Austin so small and I couldn't even recongnize John Rhys-Davies he was the dwarf next to the Hobbits. I have one question was Gollum suppose to be in the trailer I could have swore I heard somebody say My Precious. The only thing I wish was in there was Christopher Lee I wanted to see how he looked as Saurman.

buff jedi 2
May 25th, 2001, 04:28:48 PM
Whats lord of the rings ??

buffjedi/wookieboy

Figrin D an
May 26th, 2001, 10:35:54 AM
I'm upset... the morons at the theatre apparently couldn't splice the film properly, so I didn't get the see the 'Lord of the Rings' trailer before I saw 'Pearl Harbor.' :(

Oh well... I guess I can see it at a later time.

I'm so psyched for these films... I've been a fan of Tolkien's work for quite a while. I'm in the process of re-reading the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy right now (I'm actually re-reading 'The Hobbit' first.)
One of these days, maybe I'll try to take the time to decipher 'The Silmarillion.' :)

Most everything that I have seen and heard about Peter Jackson's attempt to bring the story to the silver screen has been good, although granted I haven't heard anything about the score. The whole 'Arwen' debacle concerns me as well, although I'm still holding faith that the role won't be expanded too much...

Darth Turbogeek
May 26th, 2001, 12:20:15 PM
The Arwen thing is in fact mixing into the main LOTR timeline the story of Aragorn and Arwen, which is covered in appendix D I think. As long as she's not in the Fellowship, it should be okay.

From what I hear, Jackson is a stickler for detail and does things right and is a real fan of LOTR. I'm not getting my hopes up, but plesase...... please.... let it be done right

buff jedi 2
May 26th, 2001, 04:47:06 PM
Whats lord of the rings ??????????

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Carr
May 26th, 2001, 06:52:54 PM
Sorry Buff that nobody answer your question. Lord of the Rings is a 3 part epic/fanasty series that first came out as novels in the 1950's by J.R Tolken. They are making the books into movies, the first one is due out in December and is called the Fellowship of the Ring the movies star Ian Mckellen, Elijah Wood, John Rhys-Davies, Christopher Lee, Sean Austin, Liv Tyler, and Viggo Mortensen. The books are hugely popular and were recently named the book of the century by an English literary magazine. I hope that explains it for you.

swooshdark
May 26th, 2001, 07:24:39 PM
I think the box office for LOTR is going to be just huge. I'm predicting $600-$700 million worldwide. This is just an experience, that once people see it, I think they'll want to watch it over and over again.

Darth Turbogeek
May 26th, 2001, 07:51:36 PM
Well, it's either going to open big and die, or just absolutly roll everything out of it's way. If this movie clicks with the fan base and the general public, we could see a good deal more than 600 mill worldwide.

But if it doesnt......

Score one major disaster

buff jedi 2
May 27th, 2001, 01:37:37 AM
Thanks Master Carr , Saw all the guys excited about it and had to know what it was about BUT once you said something about Books you lost me ;( buff try not read ... see movie instead. thanx agian.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2001, 01:44:25 AM
No problem Buff, believe me there are plenty of people who have never heard of it either. I am not sure if it is as well read now as it was 10 years ago. I read it when 12 as did many other fans of the books. Looking at it that way it will be interesting to see if it can bring the general population who do not know that much about the books.

Doc Milo
May 27th, 2001, 07:30:30 AM
Buff: Read the poem in my signiture. It's from the Lord of the Rings.

buff jedi 2
May 27th, 2001, 03:36:24 PM
I did a liitle research on it ,and it sounds like it would be pretty good reading(if I read ;) )

OH NO!! Doc made me read classic litature yuck. :)

thanx guys

Buffjedi/wookieboy