PDA

View Full Version : Moulin Rouge

CMJ
Jun 4th, 2001, 10:00:15 AM
Man I'm dumbfounded as what to say about this film. I literaly don't know whether I loved it or hated it. To say that it is completely original is kind of a dichotomy. It IS original...BUT all of the charatcers are archetypes of ones we already know. The visual style is a treat. The story isn't the best...yet it has some terrific moments and sequences. The musical numbers are pretty much all terrific. The actors are fantastic...especially Ewan and Nicole. They both can sing...especially Ewan. His is a balls to the wall organ of a voice. The guy can simply sing! Nicole has some great numbers too. The songs are wonderfully reinvented since practically all of them are ones we know. This is starting to sound like a rave.... However, the film was just SHALLOW. I never really got into the depth of the romance, it kinda left me cold. There were some plain stupid moments peppered in the film(but they SEEMED intended as though Baz Luhrman was winking at his audience). I think I'm gonna have to see it again before I can get an accurate read on my opinion for the film.

Darth23
Jun 4th, 2001, 10:10:50 AM
...sucker. :p

CMJ
Jun 4th, 2001, 10:30:24 AM
Why am I a sucker? Because I saw it?? :) I try and see alot of films...AND I thought it was worth it just for the visual style. Plus my girlfriend wanted to see it.

Darth23
Jun 4th, 2001, 12:28:40 PM
"I think I'm gonna have to see it again before I can get an accurate read on my opinion for the film.

:p

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 4th, 2001, 07:21:09 PM
Whats wrong with seeing Moulin Rogue? What, because it's supposed to be a chick flick? Doesnt sound that way to me. Sounds more like a date movie big time to me.

Might be worth checking out

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 4th, 2001, 07:40:45 PM
I'm sorry it looks stupid to me and one of my firiends went to see it and said it was awful. It sounds like an art house filme and I can't stand those kind of films they bore me to death.

ReaperFett
Jun 4th, 2001, 08:13:18 PM
Baz Luhrman(him of THAT EVIL SONG!) doing a musical? No thanks.

Theres a Fatboy Slim song in that, and its stuck in my head now:)