PDA

View Full Version : Fake movie critics?

Force Master Hunter
Jun 5th, 2001, 11:49:47 PM
dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/...iewer.html (http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010605/en/phony_reviewer.html)

Well, aint that interesting. So obviously all those critcs who gave glowing reviews for Pearl Harbour WERE stooges.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2001, 12:19:30 AM
LOL. Not all of them...the LA Times gave it a good review too. But some of those quote whores out there probably are fakes.

Darth23
Jun 6th, 2001, 01:38:23 AM
I want to be a quote whore when I grow up.

;)

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2001, 03:59:19 AM
hahaha, that is awesome. This dude has a life of his own. Maybe we should invent a family history and stuff for him.

Mr. Manning is 44 years old, married, has three children, and is the son of a successful farmer called Joe who tipped cows in Oklahoma.

Darth23
Jun 6th, 2001, 10:54:48 AM
He first fell in love with film when, as a boy, his father took him to town to see Plan 9 from Outer Space. This movie changed young Manning forever. He still recalls the movie fondly, and believes with all his heart that it is:

"one of the greatest cinematic masterpieces of all time."

foxdvd
Jun 6th, 2001, 01:47:08 PM
this is the main reason I do not read to many reviews anymore..heck, even Jon is made up. As if there is REALLY a young man from Oregon, who from the ages of 17-18 wrote a book and found a major agent. As if he REALLY is the son of a multi-millionaire who lives in a 14,000 square foot home, and who has never kissed a girl. SURE! I believe that one! :)

JonathanLB
Jun 6th, 2001, 04:54:27 PM
hahaha. Good one, Fox.

Actually, the house is 16,000 square feet ;)

Yeah, I've never kissed a girl, though. Several of my friends are the same way, or at least the only time they kissed a girl was in spin the bottle, haha.

CMJ
Jun 6th, 2001, 05:20:22 PM
Don't worry about it Jon...I hadn't either until I was 20. Now she and I are practically married(or at least practically engaged...not ready to get to settled down yet).