PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fact of the Day!

JonathanLB
Jun 15th, 2001, 06:55:08 AM
"The midweek numbers are somewhat unusual for North America. Typically, films do slightly better Tuesday than Monday because Canadian theaters offer steep discounts on Tuesday." -Variety, Thursday, May 14, 1998. "'Impact' holding steady."

Wow, I always wondered that! Only took a few years to learn why!

I have a year of full Variety access now, by the way, in addition to being a current ShowBizData.com subscriber and I have a year of elibrary.com access :)

Everything I could need for research, especially box office info.

CMJ
Jun 15th, 2001, 09:23:00 AM
I think I remember reading that article Jon. I wish I HAD Variety access, but I don't wanna pay for it. Ahhhh the days when Variety was still free......

JonathanLB
Jun 15th, 2001, 06:20:34 PM
Yeah, well the price went way down compared to what it once was! I remember it was $360 per year at one point for either online OR print access, and I was thinking...WHAT?! $1 per day? No way.

It's only $60 per year now, but I would never pay $60 per year unless I needed it, which I do. Because I use the site (and elibrary.com) for research on my books (and maybe articles), at least I can make money off the information I'm obtaining. Otherwise, there would be little piont in spending $60. It would be nice, but not necessary and probably a waste of money. So, I don't blame you! :)

Agent Rex
Jun 15th, 2001, 11:22:09 PM
<font color="green"> yes we get matinee every tues...very cheap :smokin </font>