PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ever met a SW actor?

Jedieb
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:01:55 PM
I was just at the chat Rebelscum.com was having with Jeremy Bulloch. I have to say I was very impressed with how nice Mr. Bulloch was with the fans at the chat. I thought it was nice of him to do something like, especially when you consider there were only about 20 of us there chatting with him.

That's as close as I've ever come to "meeting" a SW actor. What about you guys?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2001, 01:34:35 AM
I almost went to the Star Wars celebration last year at Disney World but I had a change in plans. I am hoping to go to the convention in Indianapolis maybe I will meet one there.

Doc Milo
Jun 20th, 2001, 03:47:48 AM
The closest I came:

I work in a bar/restaurant as a Supervisor for an OTB located inside it. One time Harrison Ford ate lunch in the restaurant. Unfortunately, I work nights and he was there during the day, so I didn't get to see him. I just heard about it from the day Supervisor when I took over that night.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:20:16 AM
I've posted my adventures of Star Wars conventions before, but here's the list of SW actors I met:
Jeremy Bulloch (Boba) SUPER cool guy
Caroline Blakiston (Mon Mothma)
Maria d'Aragona (Some of Greedo's shots)
Dave Prowse (Vader)
Garrick Hagon (Biggs)
Peter Mayhew (Chewie)
Kenny Baker (R2)
Mercedes Ngoh (Rystall)
Phil Brown (Uncle Owen)

I'm so grateful for getting the chance of meeting each and every one of these people, who were all extremely nice!

buff jedi 2
Jun 20th, 2001, 07:46:20 PM
I was in L.A visiting some friends And we decided to go clubing.we got there meesed around bit and decided to leave when all the sudden NAtalie Portman walked in .I looked at her ,she DROOLED at me , we talked she had a few drinks and than she took me home.WELL let me tell you something That girls a pistol boy i'm telling you OOHHHH ooopppss this isnt about fantasy meetings...... oh well disregard the post .Hey I did meet Dave prowess He was Nice but seemed in a bad mood .We talked about lifting in all BUT he acted like Lucas was snubbing him for Vader In 2 or 3 Forgot which he was saying.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 20th, 2001, 08:25:23 PM
Yeah, Lucas and Prowse didn't get along very well once Prowse found out that Vader was going to die.

Jedieb
Jun 20th, 2001, 09:12:58 PM
Having Sabastian Shaw play the unmasked Vader probably didn't sit well with Prowse either. We talked about Prowse's medical condition at the chat last night and Bulloch said that David has improved. I have to say that Bulloch seemed very cool. I wouldn't mind meeting him at a convention.

JMK, that's a list to be proud of!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 21st, 2001, 09:21:00 AM
Thanks Ebs, were trying to get a 3rd convention going; Michonne Borriague (sp) Aurra Sing and Warwick Davis have expressed their interest in coming to Montreal to do another convention, but the organizer doesn't want to go through the hassle because the last one didn't go over so well.

Prowse was insulted that Lucas used Shaw's face to portray Anakin because no one had any clue what Anakin looked like anyway, so why not use him? I think they got over their differences though. Eventually.

Jeremy Bulloch is way too cool though. And good in picture taking. :)

buff jedi 2
Jun 21st, 2001, 09:30:29 AM
HEY ,KYLE IM NOT WORTHY<IM NOT WORTHY!!!!!!

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 21st, 2001, 12:12:00 PM
Yeah Buff, you're worthy, I just got lucky that's all. I never thought I'd get the chance to meet these people. It's a good thing some people decided to go forth and organize these things. BTW, I'm still on what you asked me to do. Like what I see so far...and I didn't laugh! :)

buff jedi 2
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:21:13 PM
LOL!!

hey take your time on that thing<thanks for taking the time and most of all THANKS for not laughing :)

Buffjedi/wookieboy

Hart3584
Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:58:55 AM
Only thing for me is seeing Natalie Portman live on stage on Broadway.

Darth McBain
Jun 25th, 2001, 01:52:49 PM
If I had been a year younger I would have known Natalie Portman in High School. She went to the same one I went to - just off by a year... Oh well, c'est la vie...

Jedieb
Jun 25th, 2001, 02:02:16 PM
Just for the record guys, it's Eb, not Ebs. I don't mind when buff mutilates my name but that's because his overdeveloped muscles impair his speech and typing skills. But the rest of you have no excuse!

JonathanLB
Jun 26th, 2001, 12:59:01 AM
Well, Ray Park at the Star Wars Celebration I suppose.

I didn't "meet" him as such, though, but I stood about four feet away from him. I was going to get closer, but he gave me this evil, menacing look and pulled out his lightsaber, so I thought I should probably leave.

Just kidding, hehe. Lucasfilm didn't allow him to sign autographs and whatnot, but you could shake his hand. I didn't much care to do that. Big deal. I mean, "I shook Ray Park's hand!" Come on! What is that some type of life accomplishment? Haha. Maybe George Lucas, but Ray Park? Nah...I'd rather not trouble him.

QuiGonJ
Jun 26th, 2001, 02:00:47 PM
Oh well, I got to meet Kenny Baker a couple of years ago at the LA comic book convention, where he signed my 12-back Artoo, and at San Diego CC last year I was in the same room as Mark Hamill as he talked about the role of the Joker and "Of course, I've had experiences with franchises that move on without me before... and of course, you know I'm talking about Wing Commander!"

Hart3584
Jun 26th, 2001, 07:06:16 PM
McBain, we used to live pretty close together. I know which highschool you're talking about because Natalie's highschool boyfriend went to my school just a half and hour away from your old school. She would've been a senior when I was a freshman.