PDA

View Full Version : RIP Jack Lemmon

CMJ
Jun 28th, 2001, 12:11:13 PM
One of the truly great actors left us last night. Lemmon was a 2 time Oscar winner and appeared in over 70 films. I was kind of upset when I heard this morning that he passed away(I nearly shed a tear). I grew up watching many his films(mu Mom loved the man...I called her this morning and we mourned together). Hopefully he and Walter M. are cracking jokes to each other now. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 28th, 2001, 01:16:34 PM
Man, first Carrol O'Connor and know Jack Lemmon, Hollywood has lost two of its greatests actors.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 28th, 2001, 03:15:24 PM
What's weird was just tuesday I was telling my friend how someone HUGE in hollywood was going to die this week. Now that is a bit of a general statement, as anyone could pass on at any moment, but it just seemed weird that someone would indeed pass on the next day. I loved that guy, he seemed to be such a nice guy. I haven't seen many of his movies other than the 2 odd couple movies, but I'm sure his oscar wins were well deserved.

Darth23
Jun 28th, 2001, 06:11:43 PM
Rent Glen Garry Glenn Ross. he and the rest of the cast were Excellent. Jack Lemmon, Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, and Alec Baldwin (in one memorable scene.)

JonathanLB
Jun 28th, 2001, 08:00:37 PM
Well, there definitely won't be a Grumpiest Old Men. Guess I should sell my Hollywood stock in that. Haha, just kidding. I don't think they made a stock for that, hope not anyway :)

Anyone here play HSX? HSX.com, that is...

My portfolio is worth more than $20 million now, yay! You start at $2 mil.

Jedieb
Jun 28th, 2001, 08:14:27 PM
Jack Lemmon was one of Hollywood's finest, and CLASSIEST actors. If you haven't seen Some Like It Hot then you should check it out. In my opinion it was the best movie Marilyn Monroe ever made (Bus Stop being a close second). Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon played off each other brilliantly. The movie is pretty funny. In recent years Lemmon had steady work and enjoyed a bit of a renaissance with the Grumpy Old Men films. If you think those films were all Lemmon and Matthau had to offer then you're missing out on some great films.
Save The Tiger
The Odd Couple
Glenn Gary Glenn Ross

I miss him already. :(