PDA

View Full Version : Here is some good news for you MaTrIx FaNs!!

DaBoSsNaStY
Jul 1st, 2001, 05:58:10 AM
www.zap2it.com/movies/new...15,00.html (http://www.zap2it.com/movies/news/story/1,1259,---7315,00.html)

Darth23
Jul 1st, 2001, 06:52:26 PM
I didn't really realize they were filming both at the same time. I'm not sure about the titles though - hopefully they'll be good.

swooshdark
Jul 1st, 2001, 06:59:06 PM
The Matrix Reloaded is out as far as the summer 2002 sweepstakes are concerned. I've also heard Terminator 3 will not make summer 2002. Austin Powers 3, Spiderman (early May, before Ep.2), and I believe Minority Report are still on track.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2001, 06:59:22 PM
They compared them to the BTTF sequals which might be a bad thing. Not that they were bad movies, I really did enjoy them but they seemed rushed in a way and if this happens to the Matrix's movies I think many fans will be upset and disapointed.

Darth23
Jul 1st, 2001, 09:59:30 PM
I always thought they should film the Star Wars movies at the same time. Apparently GL isn't good at multitasking though. Apparently he IS working on the Ep 3 script now, though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 1st, 2001, 10:21:51 PM
Has AP 3 started filming yet? I know they were talking about making another but they had started filming back in April when everybody was gearing up for the possible shutdown. I guess they could have started since. MIB2 might be ready I have heard anything about it recently also the next Harrison Ford movie, K14 I think its called about a Russian Sub should be out too.

Force Master Hunter
Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:29:15 AM
Oh geez, AP3?!?! That will be crap.

Well, Matrix 2 opens Christmas day 2002! That's an interesting time period. It could be worth watching for huge opening, even there is unlikely to be any real competition (Or is LOTR3 due out then?).

Given the Matrix is the must have DVD (ever heard of a DVD owner without a copy of The Matrix? Few and far between. It seems like tht is one of the first DVD's you get), I will be watching it's B.O with great interest.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:38:54 AM
I think LOTR 2 the Two Towers will be due out so that will hurt it. 2nd I think its R rating will hurt it some, it will defintely not hit 300 no R rated film has ever made 300 and the Matrix 2 will not be the first. I think it should clear 200 and fall somewhere between 200-250 to that is a number to expect.

JonathanLB
Jul 2nd, 2001, 01:58:32 AM
George Lucas isn't good at multi-tasking? There is an odd remark. The guy runs seven or more of his own companies and makes hundreds of millions per year in addition to directing his own films now and he isn't good at multi-tasking? Come on! You know they never could have finished Episode II by 2002 if they had shot that and Episode III at the same time. If you don't know that, you haven't been reading enough obviously (and I've barely read anything about Episode II, but I still know that).

They are cutting it really close on Episode II as it is because they had much more time with TPM. They should meet the May 2002 release date, of course, I cannot imagine them being delayed no matter what, but it's already tough. Throw in an entire extra shooting for Episode III, which will require different locations too, and you are talking about probably a 2003 release date for Episode II, then still 2005 for Episode III. Where is the advantage here?

They said effects work takes 18 months, and there is no way Episode III could be done by 2004 even if they had already filmed it. I suppose if they put effects artists on both films at the same time, they could rush Episode II and III into theaters, 2003 and 2004, respectively. Then there obviously wouldn't be any growth in the effects between the movies, which is not a big deal since TPM already had perfect effects, but still, I don't see the advantage.

Sorry, but I just don't think it's fair to say GL cannot multitask, LOL. How absurd.

As for Matrix 2 and 3, I cannot wait to see them both, but I hope they do the first film justice. Most likely, it'll be hard for them to live up to The Matrix, but we'll see...

Darth23
Jul 2nd, 2001, 10:30:12 AM
I'm going by what HE said. :P

He said recently that Speilberg and others are good at directing one movie while producing another and editing a third and producing a tv show. He said that his brain isn't wired that way - that he's better at focusing on one thing at a time.

I think that was in one of the Making Ep. 2 documentaries on the official site.

Jedieb
Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:20:26 AM
I don't know if this would qualify as "multitasking", but GL DID film scenes for EP3 during the filming of EP2. Those of you who've been watching the Making of videos at SW.com know the location of those shots. I don't want to give anything away to those who haven't seen the videos.

I think filming EP2 & EP3 concurrently would be more than the crew could handle. I think the story and final product would suffer as well. We're going to get better effects each time out because the software and technology keep improving. I wouldn't call TPM's effects perfect Jon, I'd say they were great but not perfect. Boss Nass doesn't look perfect at times. He looks just like what he is at times, a lumbering CGI character. You create Nass for EP3 and he looks better and he's probably to make because of the advances in technology.

GL doens't even have a script completed for EP3 yet! An outline and a script are 2 different animals. I just think trying to film both episodes at once would be a mistake. The films may end up being released closer together, but they'd also get pushed back further. I think GL is taking the right approach. There's no rush, we'll get our movies when they're ready.

Darth23
Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:05:50 PM
Here's a link and the quote:

www.filmandvideomagazine.com/Htm/homeset.htm (http://www.filmandvideomagazine.com/Htm/homeset.htm)

After he finishes the Star Wars trilogy, Lucas said he would like to return to TV production. “But I have to finish this first,” Lucas acknowledged. “Unlike some of my cohorts, who produce and direct at the same time, I am really more single minded. Whatever I do, I throw myself into it. I can’t really produce other people’s movies and direct a movie at the same time. Steven is fantastic at that. Francis is very good at that. My brain isn’t wired that way.”