PDA

View Full Version : July 4th box office

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 5th, 2001, 02:50:56 PM
Does anybody know what the numbers were from yesterday? Showbizdata hasn't updated theres since Tuesday and I don't know where else to look.

Darth23
Jul 5th, 2001, 07:13:32 PM
I just posted Wednesday's top 7 in the Cats and Dogs vs Scary Movie 2 vs Dragon thread.

Yahoo has daily numbers for Tuesday and Wednesday.

movies.yahoo.com/hv/boxof.../rank.html (http://movies.yahoo.com/hv/boxoffice-daily/today/rank.html)

Darth23
Jul 5th, 2001, 11:17:23 PM
It looks like the 4th was good to the family movies. AI only increased by 1 million over the day before. I don't think it will have the low drop off that some are predicting this weekend.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 6th, 2001, 01:15:08 AM
But to me it is surprising that AI went up a million on the 4th. The 4th is not a big movie day like Memorial Day because most people are out barbucing or watching/shooting Fireworks. Usually family movies do better because it is one of the few times parents can sometimes take their kids to the movies. AI is not that category, it is for older audiences most of whom stay home and barbacue so I feel Ai will have a low drop or between 20-25%, its hard to say if Cats and Dogs will hold up, Thursday numbers will show it the question though will they show Thursday's numbers before the deadline.

Darth23
Jul 6th, 2001, 08:57:26 AM
Still, anyday off from work is a good day for the movies. If coudl eb that since it's Speilberg, and there hasn't been that much publicity abotu exactly what the movie is about what the tone is like, and because it's PG 13 and deals with a boy as the main character, that mant families were under the mistaken impression that is IS a 'family' picture.